Airbag Reference Demonstrator porting APR software to MPC5602P platform

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airbag Reference Demonstrator porting APR software to MPC5602P platform

roger_liu
Contributor II

I downloaded the demo software package of the RDAIRBAGPSI5 reference from https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Designs-Knowledge-Base/RDAIRBAGPSI5-Airbag-Reference-Platform/ta-p/... and used the Airbag Evaluation Platform。 I find the  Airbag Evaluation Platform use MPC5602P, but the software used MPC5604P. so I porting APR software to MPC5602P platform. when I use CodeWarrior 11.1 to build, I find some warning eg:

'Building target: Airbag. elf'
'Executing target #52 Airbag. elf'
'Invoking: PowerPC Linker'
"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.1/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc" -o "Airbag.elf" @@"Airbag.args"
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.1/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Warning
>No linker command file input for section '.CstHAL' in file
>'C:\Users\liu\workspace\Airbag\RAM\Sources\HAL\HAL_c.obj'.
>Output section '.CstHAL' will be created.
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.1/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Warning
>Specified length of memory directive 'internal_ram' was exceeded within
>section '.text_vle': specified 0x00003000 but length is now 0x0000773C.
>Overlap of the .text_vle section and stack section.
>Overlap of the .text_vle section and heap section.
'Finished building target: Airbag. elf'

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roger,

Please make sure you have correctly ported also linker command file (.lcf file).

E.g ".CstHAL" section is not defined at all so it is placed to an available memory which might not be intended.

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos

roger_liu
Contributor II

where can download the latest documenttation & software for RDAIRBAGPSI5 board use MPC5602P? 

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Documentation is on the web page you have posted:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Designs-Knowledge-Base/RDAIRBAGPSI5-Airbag-Reference-Platform/ta-p/...

SW can be provided under NDA, but it require valid NDA and it is provided via our support ticket system at NXP.com

So for SW please submit NDA request if you don't have one already and also separate ticket for SW package.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Those are just warnings. Nothing to be worried about as I see your elf was build.

Do the application running?

Warnings are be caused by different memory sizes between linkers for MPC5604 and 02, so make sure your code fit to sections sizes in linker to get rid of the warnings.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

roger_liu
Contributor II

the elf is ok, but when I debug by OSJTAG some error on EPPC.

1 __start() __start.c:213 0x400010ea

2 __init_data() __start.c:366 0x400011b2

3 0xC9EF7120 (0xC9EF7120)() 0xc9ef7120

4 memset() __mem.c:137 0x40001288

5 __fill_mem() __mem.c:110 0x40001252

0 Kudos