显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

USB Driver for Windows 10/11

561 次查看
mechemike110
Contributor I

Hello,

I am looking for a Windows driver to enable communication with an NXP MC9S08JM60 microcontroller via the on-chip USB. I currently have a driver that was written for Windows XP that causes the microcontroller to show up as a COM port. Unfortunately this driver is not signed and, as such, cannot be installed on Win10 without jumping through some hoops. Beyond that, many companies don't let their employees have that much control over their workstations, which is why I am asking about whether a driver exists for a more current OS. Is this something that is out there, or would it need to be a custom developed driver? 

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
4 回复数

430 次查看
mechemike110
Contributor I

After some additional research I came across this site which, I think, provides a different way of fixing this issue. If I am understanding it correctly, if the device class and subclass codes are set to 02 (class code 02 = CDC device, subclass code 02 = abstract control model), then Windows 10 and 11 will automatically load usbser.sys (built into Win10 and 11) as the device driver.

Currently, the device I'm trying to talk to shows up in the task manager as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". When I right-click and select "Properties", under the details tab, it shows the class as "USB", which I believe would correlate to class code 00.

My new question is - how does one go about setting the device class & subclass? Is that defined by register values on the MCU, or is it accomplished in the C code that is written for the MCU?

0 项奖励
回复

489 次查看
Itzzamna_Supp
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Unfortunately, there is no option for windows 10 and 11.

1.- What I can suggest is to try the next steps:
2.- Click “Home”,enter “All settings”.
3.- Access “Update & Security”.
4.- Find “Recovery”. ...
5.- After restarting, choose “Troubleshoot”.
6.- Choose “Advanced options”.
7.- Choose "Start-up Settings".
8.- Click “Restart”.
9.- Enter "F7" to disable driver signature.

http://www.terasic.com.tw/wiki/Disable_Driver_Signature_Enforcement_in_Windows10_x64
0 项奖励
回复

446 次查看
mechemike110
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, many places where this system is used do not allow for that level of administrator access and, as such, the signature enforcement cannot be disabled by the user. Is there a template that can be used to write my own driver? I recently got to the point where I have the ability to sign drivers myself, so if I can create a driver that allows this to work, I can make it a signed driver and allow my customers to use it.

0 项奖励
回复

397 次查看
Itzzamna_Supp
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately, there is no template available from our side to help in this request. Sorry for the inconvenience.

For this specific request, I recommend contacting PE micro support to verify if it happens that they have any template or driver that may help you for this USB inquiry at https://www.pemicro.com/

Thanks for your understanding

0 项奖励
回复