Simultaneous use of Ethernet and camera on the FRDM-MXCN947 board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous use of Ethernet and camera on the FRDM-MXCN947 board

dubian1shu
Contributor I

In MCXNx4x, SmartDMA can be used to implement the Camera interface.

According to the MCXNx4x DataSheet, the Pinmux Assignments of Ethernet and SmartDMA conflict. For this reason, I thought that Ethernet and Camera could not be used at the same time.

However, the FRDM-MCXN947 Board User Manual (UM12018) states the following:

> If Ethernet functionality is still desired while using the camera, an alternative workaround
is to move the SJ16 and SJ26 jumpers from their default position.

dubian1shu_0-1717852087944.png

Is there any way to use Ethernet and camera at the same time?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @dubian1shu 

I checked the MCXNx4x DataSheet, there are indeed some pins Ethernet and SmartDMA conflicting. But if you want to use the Ethernet and SmartDMA at the same time. you can choose some pins that do not conflict with Ethernet and SmartDMA.

For example, you can choose the P3_X as the SmartDMA pin, and choose the P1_X as the Ethernet pin.

And move the jumper referring to the FRDM-MCXN947 Board User Manual (UM12018).

Hope this will help you.

BR

Hang

0 Kudos

dubian1shu
Contributor I

Thanks for checking and replying @HangZhang 

Since SmartDMA supports P1_X and P3_X, I understand that MCXNx4x can use SmartDMA and Ethernet functions at the same time.

But can I use SmartDMA and Ethernet functions using FRDM-MCXN947?

J9 (Camera Header) of FRDM-MCXN947 has seven pins that conflict with Ethernet pins. The solution for P1_4 described in the FRDM-MCXN947 board user manual (UM12018) only solves one of them, and does not mention the other six conflicts.

For example, P1_5, P1_13, and P1_15 are in conflict between SmartDMA and Ethernet. As far as I can see from the schematic document (SCH-90818), there seems to be no solution to resolve this conflict.

Is there a way to use SmartDMA (EZH_CAMERA) and Ethernet (ENET) at the same time on FRDM-MCXN947?

0 Kudos

HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @dubian1shu 

I have rechecked the content of the document and confirmed that there is an issue with the description in the document.

HangZhang_0-1718619499526.png

We will make timely changes to the document.

SmartDMA (EZH_CAMERA) and Ethernet (ENET) can be used at the same time, but you need to find some pins that are not shared for the camera to use.

Hope this will help you.

BR

Hang

0 Kudos