cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training: Overview of MCUXpresso for VS Code

Training: Overview of MCUXpresso for VS Code

Comments

Hello @kyledando  and all,

I am trying to do import from Local Archive.
I am importing an RT1060 EVK SDK built from mcuxpresso.nxp.com
My destination is an empty folder inside C:

And I get following error:

Seif_0-1677688449469.png

Then I find that the created empty folder has disappeared.

Did you see anything similar ?

Hi @Seif ,

What version of Git do you have? I suspect that you have an older one, so could you please update your local Git and try again?

Best regards,

Dragos (MCUXpresso for VS Code dev team)

Hi @DragosMiloiu ,

I ran into a similar problem while using "Import Repository". Here are some of my summaries:

1. choose REMOTE or LOCAL : The github repository has only a few boards supported in the folder "examples". So it can not meet my requirements.
  2. choose LOCAL ARCHIVE: It has requirements for the SDK downloaded by the SDK Builder:
    1. The tool chain selected when building the SDK must be gcc arm embedded
    2. Earlier SDK versions will also report errors when importing;

---> But if I choose gcc as a filter, there is no new version can meet the requirements of the plugin. (KW38 as example).

And I also tried Import standalone project, then it can be built but can't debug. Due to there is no associated SDK.

Why could MCUXpresso IDE get every board's SDK on-line while there is only few example board in the github repo ?

I hope you can answer my doubts, many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Gavin

Hi @Gavin_Jia ,

You are right. The GitHub does not include support for KW38 (in only has support for a subset of boards) and the standalone SDKs available in SDK Builder are too old and such they are not supported by the extension.

To import a project for this board the only solution right now is to use the following workaround:

- Create the project you want inside MCUXpresso IDE.

- Make sure to switch it to use a newlib variant

- Import it in VS Code.

If this is ok for you, I can guide you through the steps needed in order to debug the newly imported project.

Best regards,

Dragos.

Hello,

I installed the MCUXpresso for VS Code extension and then ran the MCUXpresso Installer to install additional software, i.e., MCUXpresso SDK Developer, etc. 

Then I tried to import a remote SDK repository:

danielholala_0-1695650321885.png

After clicking "Import" button, a small message windows opens an states that the "west" tool failed to import the repository:

danielholala_1-1695650391613.png

The error message is too short to be helpful. How do I get the full error message?

I executed the command manually and it says, that git is not found although git is installed on my system.

Thanks
Daniel

I figured that I have to reinstall GIT and during the install process select to add git to PATH variable:

danielholala_0-1695715362719.png

Note that you might need to deselect "Only show new options".

100% helpful (2/2)
Version history
Last update:
‎01-23-2023 10:51 AM
Updated by: