why it is not possible to install fresh generated SDK_2.15.000_MIMX8ML8xxxKZ in latest MCUXpresso?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why it is not possible to install fresh generated SDK_2.15.000_MIMX8ML8xxxKZ in latest MCUXpresso?

Jump to solution
Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III

hello friends,

i generated the SDK for host os linux and for windows and it could not be installed in mcuxpresso neither in windows or linux.

it tells me, that its not generated for the mcuxpresso version.

Ralf_Rademacher_0-1713166008419.png

any ideas?

Best

Ralf

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III

Under this link you can find the best solution for the problem I described at the beginning:

Howto write applications for Cortex M7 inside i.MX8M+ 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III

Under this link you can find the best solution for the problem I described at the beginning:

Howto write applications for Cortex M7 inside i.MX8M+ 

0 Kudos
Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III

By the way, on a Linux host with MCUxpresso installed, no SDK can be installed as an archive with Linux selected as host, .tar.gz files will be generated and MCUxpresso only offers a fixed .zip filter when importing an SDK archive under Linux. Therefore, only Windows can be selected as the host during generation (highlighted in yellow). Even if it has been selected (marked red) that the SDK should support both toolchains (IAR and gcc), it is reported that no supported toolchain is available. Do I have to install them myself? Which would be the correct one for the Cortex-M7 under Ubuntu in this case?

Ralf_Rademacher_1-1714046422025.png

0 Kudos
Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III

no i generated an older SDK Version: SDK_2_14_0_MIMX8ML8xxxKZ

if i try to import archive inside sdk window, i still get the error. The error message tells me:

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=17.0.7
java.vendor=Eclipse Adoptium
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=de_DE
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

com.nxp.mcuxpresso.datamodels.generic
Error
Thu Apr 25 13:42:19 CEST 2024
The SDK 'SDK_2.x_MIMX8ML8xxxKZ' does not contain any MCUXpresso IDE compatible toolchain.

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider.addToMap(SDKManifestProvider.java:984)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider$2.visitFile(SDKManifestProvider.java:715)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider$2.visitFile(SDKManifestProvider.java:1)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2811)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2882)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider.refresh(SDKManifestProvider.java:681)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.SDKChipVendorDatabase.refresh(SDKChipVendorDatabase.java:855)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.ui.views.SDKView.doDBRefresh(SDKView.java:2041)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.ui.jobs.SDKImportJob.run(SDKImportJob.java:124)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

the sdk builder says (highlighted in yellow):

Ralf_Rademacher_0-1714045680889.png

0 Kudos
Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III

Thanks Harvey021

but now, as you can see 

Ralf_Rademacher_0-1713271395073.png

the SDK is inside Project Explorer and not under installed sdks?! is this correct?

Regards

Ralf 

0 Kudos
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, 

Try to import it as File -> Import Projects from File System or Archive -> Directory

Regards

Harvey

0 Kudos