Retaining a program in flash after debug.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining a program in flash after debug.

eitanmichaelson
Contributor I

Hello,

Just got the the 54608 ev board, I have the latest MCUXpresso IDE along the latest SDK for the board.

I've imported the simplest sample I could find (gpio_led_output) , compiled clicked debug and .. It worked as expected.

However, once the debugger was detached the board went to its previous state, as if the program was executed from RAM. How can I forced the software to be retained after debug is over ?

Please,  don't crucify me, I'm new to this specific board and didn't have the time to through all of the PDFs.

10x,

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Eitan,

Please check the "Redirrect print/scanf to UART" when  import SDK project :

pastedImage_1.png

I t will download to flash.

When open SDK project, the default configuration is print to console using C lib, in this

Way, the project can’t download to FLASH.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

danieltruong
Contributor IV

Hi Alice,

I know this thread has been here a while ago, but today I have similar problem and I need your help if you can.

I use KDS ver 3.2.0 and a Segger J-link debug probe to download the code into my board. The code is running fine until I removed the cable and power off the board. When the power is applied again to the board, the micro was up but the program never ran. It seems the program was lost or wasn't programmed into flash as intended.

I posted my issue in this thread:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/476316 

Would you mind giving your opinion on my issue? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Daniel Truong

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Daniel,

I find my colleage have help you working on it .

And you mentioned you use KL27, while in your configureation view, the liniker file shows KL43,

please check it .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

jairocaballero
Contributor II

Thank you very much for your help.

This problem happened to me and I have thought that It was related to the RTOS or baremetal, because an example of LPCOpen continue working and retaining the code after debug.

0 Kudos