cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting started with MCUXpresso SDK: can't compile hello world

Jump to solution
morix
Contributor III

Hello everybody. I am moving my first steps in developing firmware for Cortex-M7 in i.MX8MP processor...

Following the guides, I built, downloaded and installed a MCUXpresso SDK for my EVKIT:

Screenshot_20240510_111738.png

Now I am trying to build the hello_world example coming with the SDK but I am receiving errors that I cannot understand.

Basically this is what I did:

1) downloaded and installed MCUXpresso SDK to folder /home/morix/MCUXpresso;

2) downloaded and installed GNU ARM toolchain to folder /home/morix/arm-gnu-toolchain-13.2.Rel1-x86_64-arm-none-eabi (toolchain was taken from https://developer.arm.com/-/media/Files/downloads/gnu/13.2.rel1/binrel/arm-gnu-toolchain-13.2.rel1-x...)

3) export ARMGCC_DIR=/home/morix/arm-gnu-toolchain-13.2.Rel1-x86_64-aarch64-none-elf

4) export PATH=$PATH:/home/morix/arm-gnu-toolchain-13.2.Rel1-x86_64-aarch64-none-elf/bin

5) cd /home/morix/MCUXpresso/boards/evkmimx8mp/demo_apps/hello_world/armgcc

6) ./build_debug.sh

This is what I obtain:

-- TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /home/morix/arm-gnu-toolchain-13.2.Rel1-x86_64-arm-none-eabi
CMake Error at /home/morix/MCUXpresso/tools/cmake_toolchain_files/armgcc.cmake:58 (add_link_options):
 Unknown CMake command "add_link_options".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
 /usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/CMakeDetermineSystem.cmake:91 (include)
 CMakeLists.txt:18 (ENABLE_LANGUAGE)

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Unix Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to sel
ect a different build tool.
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I am sorry for the (maybe) dumb question, but I am stuck at this point and cannot go further (probably I am missing something "big"... but consider that everything is new to me since I am the very first attempt to work on M7).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
morix
Contributor III

Ok, found the solution. The problem simply was an outdated version of cmake on my PC... add_link_options was added to cmake starting from 3.13...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
morix
Contributor III

Ok, found the solution. The problem simply was an outdated version of cmake on my PC... add_link_options was added to cmake starting from 3.13...

0 Kudos