cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso SDK maximum line length of comments in the code

danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi NXP community

I just downloaded the latest SDK_2.5.0_LPCXpresso54628.zip.

In here I find the latest CMSIS header file SDK_2.5.0_LPCXpresso54628.zip\devices\LPC54628\LPC54628.h.

In this file I find lines that are extremely long and fail on my LINT test.

i.e. Error: 91 Line exceeds 598 characters (use +linebuf)

Can these long lines be reduced to a readable length in the next SDK release?

i.e. line number 320 is 640 characters long in a comment block with 115 characters in length.

Can the 640 characters line be split up into multiple 115 character line lengths?

What is an acceptable line length for comments in a code?

We target about 100 characters per line.

I would be greatful, if these comment blocks can be reduced to a readable length.

Many thanks

Dani

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel

This issue will be fixed in next release. Thanks for bringing the problem to our attention.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dani,

Your issue is escalated as a "Improvement" to development team. If I get any news, I will let you know.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos