Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso SDK Kinetis FreeRTOS AWS OTA Client Integration Procedure

Jump to solution
kackle123
Contributor IV

Hello,

I successfully set up a an MCUXpresso SDK FreeRTOS demo ("aws_remote_control_enet") on a Kinetis K64 to connect to the AWS IoT service. 

But when trying to add so-called "over-the-air" firmware updating (OTA) to the project via the Manage SDK Components button in the IDE (Middleware / AWS IoT / AWS common libraries / AWS IoT demo ota_mqtt), the project has dozens of errors during a build.  It seems something big is missing. 

I see that ota_platform_interface.h comments demand that various functions be implemented.  Am I supposed to write these; if so, why should I bother with this library?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You may find the available readme files inside the project tree > doc > readme.txt. Also, inside K64 SDK > rtos > freertos > libraries > ota_for_aws.

The available API documentation for FreeRTOS AWS IoT OTA Update can be found in the FreeRTOS: API Reference webpage.

Regards,
Eduardo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kackle123
Contributor IV

Thank you for the reply.  That suggestion doesn't seem to be enough because I already did that and still have many errors.  I think there are multiple files/functions/headers that need to be integrated.  I wish that SDK demo had come with a read-me file.

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You may find the available readme files inside the project tree > doc > readme.txt. Also, inside K64 SDK > rtos > freertos > libraries > ota_for_aws.

The available API documentation for FreeRTOS AWS IoT OTA Update can be found in the FreeRTOS: API Reference webpage.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
kackle123
Contributor IV

There are no related readme.txt files anywhere. 

The "FreeRTOS: API Reference" webpage helps because it contains the code comments of the dozens of files in one place.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @kackle123

Hope you are doing well.

A list of all the configurations and their default values are defined in [ota_config_defaults.h](source/include/ota_config_defaults.h). To provide custom values for the configuration macros, a custom config file named `ota_config.h` can be provided by the user application to the library.

By default, a `ota_config.h` custom config is required to build the library. To disable this requirement and build the library with default configuration values, try providing `OTA_DO_NOT_USE_CUSTOM_CONFIG` as a compile time preprocessor macro.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos