[MCUXpresso] LPUART : Difference between Interrupt and Transfer in the peripheral configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MCUXpresso] LPUART : Difference between Interrupt and Transfer in the peripheral configuration

JF_Gagnon
Contributor II

Hello,

we just switched to the i.MX RT1064 for our development and we are currently learning the MCUXpresso tool suite and we are using a RT1060-EVK board for the moment.

Looking at the interrupt example of the SDK, we can see that the example is using the transfer configuration of the peripheral and not the interrupts, even though the example is interrupt lpuart.

So what is the difference between the Interrupt configuration and the transfer configuration in the peripherals tool of MCUXpresso?

By googling the difference, It always bring me back to Transfer vs Polling, and not Transfer vs Interrupt. The difference is not clear.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) So what is the difference between the Interrupt configuration and the transfer configuration in the peripherals tool of MCUXpresso?
-- According to your statement, it seems that the interrupt_transfer demo confuses you, the demo uses an object-oriented programming paradigm, which is a bit different from the traditional procedural programming paradigm.
That's the major difference between the lpuart_interrupt_transfer and lpuart_interrupt demos.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

JF_Gagnon
Contributor II

Hi Jeremy,

let me rephrase my question :

Regardless of the demos, what is the difference between Transfer and Interrupt in the peripheral tool?

When looking through the generated code, it seems that the Transfer uses interrupts as well, but the interrupt control is hidden.

When generating the code with the interrupts, how the handler is created and fetched isn't clear at all.

Thanks

0 Kudos