LWIP stack giving different messages during TCP communication

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LWIP stack giving different messages during TCP communication

Sreeshma
Contributor I

I am using IMXRT1170 board with SDK 2.10.1. I am testing a web service client. My client, the 1170 EVK is able to communicate with sever over TCP, but not always. Inconsistently I am getting below error messages from LWIP stack. Please help me to find the root cause of these message.

"tcpip_thread invalid message"

"memp:malloc memp properly aligned"

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Sreeshma
Contributor I

hi  jeremyzhou please find the details below

IDE - MCUXpresso

board - imxrt1170

code - custom code for web service communication. using SDK 2.10.1

testing setup - we have a custom protocol for webservice communication. It is based on the DPWS library. We have ported it for free RTOS. My EVK is the client. It is able to connect to server and do data exchange(in xml format)  but not always. Inconsistently I am getting errors from tcpip thread.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
From my experience, it's hard to draw a conclusion according to the above two messages, moreover, it happens on a customized demo code.
Whether you can share the captured ethernet network frame, may provide some insights into the issue.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Sreeshma
Contributor I

I enable MEMP_OVERFLOW_CHECK and now I am getting below message from tcp_ip thread.

"detected mem underflow in TCP_PCB"

This happens after communicating 3 times with server. Each time we connects and disconnects the socket.

Kindly please help to solve.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Sorry for replying late.
I think I need more information, please introduce how to set up the testing environment to replicate the phenomenon and upload the related codes and tools.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Whether you can share the captured ethernet network frame, may provide some insights into the issue.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

Sreeshma
Contributor I

Attaching the wireshark capture. Please check.

Client(1170) - 10.15.92.153

Server(Windows PC) - 10.15.92.158

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To provide the fastest possible support, I was wondering if you can describe the testing environment to replicate the phenomenon, such as IDE, board, demo code, testing steps, etc,
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos