Flash Debug build triggering an instant BusFault at Reset_Handler()

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Flash Debug build triggering an instant BusFault at Reset_Handler()

1,064 次查看
jonnyWHIS
Contributor II

I'm trying to build a project which utilises the flash.ld file with various modifications. I was having issues where it would build and link successfully, but when i tried to execute it (using Segger's Ozone IDE) a BusFault would occur immediately.

So I decided to go back to square 1 and try to build and run the "freertos_hello" demo using the build_flash_debug configuration. However, I was seeing the same issue - a Bus Fault occurring immediately upon flashing/executing the program with the error address being the Reset_Handler() function.

I'm using an MEK i.MX8QM board to run on with the appropriate SDK, and the freertos_hello demo is left completely unedited. Im following the build procedure as described in the "Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for MEK-MIMX8QM" pdf and i've attached the build log, map file and run-time error images. 

Is there a bug in this build_flash SDK configuration? Or are there extra steps not covered in the "Getting Started..." to make the run successfully?

0 项奖励
5 回复数

1,054 次查看
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you share the SDK version that you're using?
Also, how are you running the example?
Have you tried creating the flash.bin and run through there?

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 项奖励

1,007 次查看
jonnyWHIS
Contributor II
Hi again, Aldo
I don't suppose you've got anywhere with this? Even confirmation that you are also seeing this issue with the SDK Flash_Build demos would be very useful.

Best regards,
Jonny
0 项奖励

1,005 次查看
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Haven’t seen this issue before, I don’t think the problem is the build_flash, could you confirm if you have created your SD card successfully with the SCFW image?

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 项奖励

948 次查看
jonnyWHIS
Contributor II

Hi Aldo,

I have not altered the default image that was pre-installed on the SD that came with the board. I read the section on the "Getting Started..." guide but I do not have a Linux OS and currently am not permitted by my IT to install a WSL.

As the default image seemed to work for the build_debug demos, I assumed it would also for build_flash_debug. After all, code is written into flash anyway, just at 0x1FFE'0000 not 0x0800'0000.

If the SD card needs to be rewritten, can you describe in what situations this must happen - e.g. specifiying different areas of memory to write to. I just assumed this was the responsibility of the linker script.

Best Regards,

Jonny

0 项奖励

1,035 次查看
jonnyWHIS
Contributor II

Hi Aldo, thanks for your response.

I'm using SDK_2_9_0_MEK-MIMX8QM which I downloaded from the MCUXpresso SDK builder.

To run the freertos_hello\build_flash_debug demo, i tried two methods:

1. Following the steps in "Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for MEK-MIMX8QM", i connected to the target and then loaded and executed the .elf file using GCC Command Prompt - this didn't produce anything on any of the 4 serial ports associated with the board, one of which should print "Hello world."
  2. Used Segger's Ozone IDE to run the program. Immediately after connecting to the device and attempting to flash it the BusFault pop-up occurred (as shown in attached image). The debugger wouldn't even get to the top of main() - I'm guessing because it fails to locate/execute Reset_Handler()

I have now tried running the m4_image.bin that is also produced after compilation, but this too hung after running and again nothing appears on the serial ports. 

Do you have any ideas why using the flash build would be failing in this way?

0 项奖励