cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lcpxpresso54s018 EVK SPI flash issue while starting debug session

bhoomil
Contributor II

Hi NXP team,

Recently I purchase lcpxpresso54s018 EVK kit for my project development. I have started executing example project given with SDK. Board is working fine for two days and with the help of debug session I can understand usb vcom example and spi polling examples code flow.

Suddenly today's morning I see below console message,

ProgramPage (0x10000000, 0x22B8, 0x4000) status 0x1 - driver reported driver error - EXTSPI driver rc 160 (0xA0)

or sometimes,

ProgramPage (0x10000000, 0x22B8, 0x4000) status 0x1 - driver reported driver error - EXTSPI driver rc 56 (0x38)

Weird point is that, only vcom usb dev example axf file I can debug now or GUI flash tool can flash this axf file only other project like led blinky or hello world start failed debug session with above error.

My suspect is that, just before issue I have used GUI flash tool of MCUXpresso to flash vcom example and my board have W25Q128JVFIM external flash and as per below message thread link @xiangjun_rong replied that once you run code directly from SPI Flash you will start getting SPI Flash driver error.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers/LPCXpresso546xx-EXTSPI-driver-error/m-p/1296635/hi...

How can I get rid from above issue that is not mentioned in that thread or may be I not understood the thread correctly. How can I start my next successful debug session?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,Bhoomil,

I suspected that the on-board serial flash has broken down, can you change another board and have a try?

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

bhoomil
Contributor II

After part replacement EVK is working fine now.

Want to know what is causing for serial flash has broken down?

is there any write-protect kind of mechanism?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It is good news that the LPC54S018EVK board works fine after you changes the on-board serial flash, unfortunately, it is difficult to know the root cause why the serial flash is damaged.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

bhoomil
Contributor II
0 Kudos