cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build project from command line

Jump to solution
svensavic
Contributor III

I have problem building application from command line in windows. It seems that it only works if project was left open in the workspace. As I have multiple projects in one Workspace, I do close projects on which I dont work at the moment. So when I run the script for automated build it fails for closed project.

"C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.0.0_344\ide\mcuxpressoidec.exe" --launcher.suppressErrors -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -cleanBuild MyProject1/Debug -data "C:\Projects\Xpresso"

Error message that I get for closed projects is:

Project: MyProject1 doesn't appear to be a CDT project. Skipping...
WARNING: No Config matched "MyProject1/Debug". Skipping...

Works fine if I leave project opened before closing the IDE.

Is there a workaround for that "feature" ?

1 Solution
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sven,

As Con Verse mentions, the workaround would be to use the -import option, this will open the project in the existing workspace, here is an example:

mcuxpressoide -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data C:\Users\b38285\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_10.0.2_411\workspace-LPC54608 -import C:\Users\b38285\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_10.0.2_411\workspace-LPC54608\lpcxpresso54608_demo_apps_hello_world -cleanBuild lpcxpresso54608_demo_apps_hello_world/Debug

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

4 Replies
converse
Senior Contributor V

Have you tried 'importing' the closed project? i.e. use the -import option?

0 Kudos
svensavic
Contributor III

You mean import project in already existent workspace (where that project is closed) or create a new workspace ? When I create new one (without using -data parameter), linking part of build fails as I have some global variables defined in my workspace...

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sven,

As Con Verse mentions, the workaround would be to use the -import option, this will open the project in the existing workspace, here is an example:

mcuxpressoide -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data C:\Users\b38285\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_10.0.2_411\workspace-LPC54608 -import C:\Users\b38285\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_10.0.2_411\workspace-LPC54608\lpcxpresso54608_demo_apps_hello_world -cleanBuild lpcxpresso54608_demo_apps_hello_world/Debug

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

svensavic
Contributor III

Yes, that seems to do the trick. Thanks to both of you guys ...