Unable to connect to OM13084 using MCUXpresso 10.0.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to OM13084 using MCUXpresso 10.0.2

joesetzer
Contributor I

I'm unable to reliably connect to my OM13084 development board with its LPC43S67 chip.

With a brand new board, I was able to connect and debug periph_blinky and other programs successfully.  All debugger functions seemed to work.  The session lasted for a couple of hours.  I powered down the board and went home for the evening.  The next morning, I was unable to connect to the probe.

When I rebuild the project, MCUXpresso detects the probe (with proper version number and serial number) and the build step completes.  At the end of the build, I get a pop-up saying that no JTAG probes were found.  Nothing changed since the previous night.  The board was depowered and unconnected.  This behavior has been observed on two different new boards now.  Once the pop-up occurs, I'm unable to recover.  I can never get the IDE to connect to the probe.

I've been through the probe troubleshooting steps in the User Guide.  Anybody have any ideas?

Joe

0 Kudos
2 Replies

joesetzer
Contributor I

Thanks for your suggestions, but I had already tried those steps after reading through various similar posts.

The problem is now understood and resolved.

I was debugging a program I inherited that puts the chip into deep sleep mode if a certain input is not detected.  That input isn't present on the development board, so I was booting a program from flash that went to sleep immediately after powering up and starting to execute.  I couldn't connect to the probe because the chip was asleep.  To get around the issue, I jumpered the board to provide the necessary "stay awake" signal.  This keeps the chip active, allowing me to connect to the probe and load periph_blinky or any other program into flash.

Thanks again,

Joe

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you confirm that you are connecting the USB connector from your PC to the debug USB port on your board?

Anyway, please read through - section 14.12, "Using and troubleshooting LPC-Link2" of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide. One possibility is that you have VCOM driver issues, as described in section14.12.6, "LPC-Link2 failing to enumerate".

Now manually book the debug probe, as described in section 14.12.4.

Please confirm at this point that the LPC-Link2 appears correctly in the Windows Control Panel "Devices and Printers"

Having done this, open Task Manager and make sure you have no executables of the following form running:

• redlinkserv
  • arm-none-eabi_gdb*
  • crt_emu_*

Now start the IDE,  and try debugging one of the example projects. If the debug session still fails to start, please post the debug log that you now see (as described in section 14.11, "The Console View", of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos