Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso error

Jump to solution
hugo_nicolas
Contributor II

Hello,

I am working with 2 LPCXpresso5411x board and since yesterday, I can not use both of them because I am not able to see the probe in MCUXpresso, often, it even says :

Capture d’écran 2019-07-04 à 10.08.33.png

And the board is heating very quickly (around U25,Y2, and the probe).

How do I solve this problem ?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Hugo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
hugo_nicolas
Contributor II

Hello,

It looks like I have finally solved the problem by plugging the board (using the 2 USB cables), and pushing ISP0. While ISP0 is still pushed, press and release RESET, and then release ISP0. The board is now usable (both of them).

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Hugo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hugo,

If you are trying to use two LPCXpresso Boards connected to a single PC then you must be aware of a couple of things:

1 - if the 'DFU Link' is fitted - these board will expect to boot with LPC-Link2 firmware by default.

a - only one unbooted board can be connected at any time

b - the default version of LPC-Link2 firmware requests a large USB bandwidth from the host OS - it is unlikely that the OS can fully support two (full) LPC-Link2 implementations.

MCUXpresso IDE can offer to boot lower bandwidth versions of LPC-Link2 via a preferences - I would suggest setting the Non Bridged or VCOM options:

pastedImage_1.png

2 - if the DFU Link is not fitted, then a prebuilt version of firmware will be used (if present). If multiple boards are to be used then pre-built firmware is preferred since this avoids the DFU boot issue mentioned above.

The utility LPCScrypt v2.1.0 | NXP can be used to program LPC-Link2 firmware onto these boards. Again, I would recommend using the Non Bridged or Serial versions to avoid exceeding the bandwidth of the Host.

If I am mistaken and you are simply unable to use a single board - please restart the IDE, create a new project and perform a debug operation via the Quick Start Panel 'Debug' button, then send us a copy of the Debug log (Console -> Debug Messages).

Yours,

MCUXpresso IDE Support.

hugo_nicolas
Contributor II

Hello,

I only have one board connected to my pc when I am debugging a project, and all jumpers are in the same default place, but the 2 boards are not working and have the same problem.

I tried to change Non Bridged or VCOM but still same problem.

I also tried to install LPCScrypt and run Program_CMSIS but still same problem.

I have installed MCUXpresso and the SDK on an new other computer (windows this time), and I have the exactly same problem/error (with a new SDK code example this time).

Why is it not working since yesterday ? (I think it started after I tried an SDK SPI Slave code example where I shorted JP6 but I am not sure because it worked a few time after this)

And how do I solve this annoying and frustrating problem ?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards,

Hugo

0 Kudos
hugo_nicolas
Contributor II

Hello,

It looks like I have finally solved the problem by plugging the board (using the 2 USB cables), and pushing ISP0. While ISP0 is still pushed, press and release RESET, and then release ISP0. The board is now usable (both of them).

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Hugo

0 Kudos