Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso can't find debug target

Derrick
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,
I am using a single MIMXRT1060-EVKB for various demos. I have two computers - a laptop and a desktop - both operating with Windows 10. I have installed the two most recent versions of MCUXpresso IDE on both machines: v11.6.1 (build 8255) and v11.7.0 (build 9198).

As a simple test, I am able to successfully build the "Hello World" and "Blinky" SDK demos on all platforms using the MIMXRT1060-EVKB as the target. However, when I initiate debugging I am seeing the following:
- using the laptop:
- v11.6.1 works perfectly
- v11.7.0 works perfectly
- using the desktop:
- v11.6.1 works perfectly
- v11.7.0 fails to find the debug target

I have also replicated this problem using an MIMXRT1020-EVK.  I suspect that the debug interface drivers are not getting installed on my desktop version of v11.7.0.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but I get the same results.

Can you please explain why v11.7.0 is failing on my desktop computer but not on my laptop and, more importantly, how to fix this problem?

Best Regards,
Derrick

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Derrick ,

I find we are colleague, in fact, if our nxp engineer has any issues, we can create the internal question post:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/RT-4-Digit-10xx-11xx-12xx/gh-p/52590

Then, our AE also can help us, you don't need put it in the public community.

Your issues seem related to your PC. When you use v11.7.0, do you use the new workspace to import the SDK demo, not the same folder which share with the v11.6.0.

About the MIMXRT1060-EVKB  debugger, which debugger you are using? CMSIS DAP?

Please also check MCUXpresso_IDE_Installation_Guide.pdf in your v11.7.0, whether it is matched or not?

As I also just have the laptop, no desktop, then I can't check it on my side.

You also can share some pictures about your desktop situation.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos