MCUXpresso and arm7 support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso and arm7 support

oldmanvimes
Contributor I

According to: MCUXpresso IDE|NXP  MCUXpresso is supposed to support arm7 MCUs such as the LPC21xx line. However the new project wizard does not offer support and neither does the "Architecture" listbox on the "Architecture" tab of the project settings inside the "C/C++ Build" settings. As far as I know, GCC still supports the arm7tdmi.

Am I missing something or is the list of supported devices incorrect?

This is relevant to me since I need to actively support these older devices and now do not know whether I need to stay on LPCXpresso indefinitely for these.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, MCUXpresso IDE is very explicitly Cortex-M based systems only. If you need to target the old ARM7 or ARM9 based LPC2000 and LPC3000 parts, then you will need to stay with LPCXpresso IDE, or look at one of the various third party toolchains, such as Keil, IAR, Rowley etc.

There is also a brief overview of differences from LPCXpresso IDE, as well as some suggestions on porting existing projects, in the supplied MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 Installation Guide that you might want to take a look at (also downloadable from http://www.nxp.com/mcuxpresso/ide/documentation).

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

saschafueller
Contributor I

I had the same issue.
Please check the supported MCUs list of MCUXpresso!
"LPC2100/200/300/400 Series: Arm7-based MCUs"  are listed on it.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please can you tell us exactly where you see ARM7 devices listed as supported in MCUXpresso IDE?

The MCUXpresso IDE explicitly supports only Cortex-M based MCUs (as stated on the IDE product page and in the IDE documentation). It does not support the old ARM7 and ARM9 based parts.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

saschafueller
Contributor I

Please follow this link and expand the "Supported Devices"
MCUXpresso IDE|NXP 

Auswahl_034.png

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee