cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso 10.3 and SDK Management problem

eldarfiring
Contributor III

Hi,

I've just upgraded to MCUXpresso 10.3 from 10.2.1. I now want to upgrade my SDK from 2.4.1 to 2.5 and also add another middleware driver to the SDK (USB).   I have generated a new SDK package for MK27 using NXP's SDK builder like the last time. After I installed the SDK (tried both global and locally in workspace),  I want to manage the package and import the new stuff into my project. There is however a problem because I am not able to select "USB" middleware. Furthermore, also the FatFS which I'm already using in my project in not listed for selection. Only the SDMMC stack is there to select. As seen from the attached picture , the USB drivers (and FatFS) is part of the installed SDK. So, why can't I select them and/or how can I get around this problem ? 

Regards,

Eldar

5 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eldar

This is an issue in SDK for MK27.     But it is OK for other processors like Mk28.

The recommended approach  if such components are required is to import an example including the component and modify this as required.

I will report this issue to the software team.  Thank you for reporting this.

Merry Christmas!

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

eldarfiring
Contributor III

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if that means it will be fixed in the next SDK release, like within some months? I'm not that keen on rebuilding our application (which we have been working on for more than a year) based on a new SDK example. 

Best Regards,

Eldar

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, this issue will be fixed on future SDK release.

Regards

Daniel

eldarfiring
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I've just installed MCUXpresso 11.0.0 and SDK 2.6. It seems to me that this problem still exists for Kinetis K27F as before. I'am not able to select existing or new middleware/OS packages from SDK management.

Please confirm if this has been fixed or not.

I'm currently using SDK 2.4.1 with FatFS, CMSIS, SDMMC, FreeRTOS. 

Regards, Eldar

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eldar

This issue still exists in SDK 2.6.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos