MCUXpresso 10.1.0 freezing after build complete

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso 10.1.0 freezing after build complete

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

I've been developing heavily in MCUXpresso the last few months, and have been running MCUX 10.1.0 for several weeks.  I'm developing a C++ application on the Kinetis K64.  In the last day or two, I've encountered an issue where the IDE will frequently lock up after a build.  The console shows "[timestamp] Build Finished (took [duration])", but the "Build Project" dialog will sit there suspended indefinitely, with the progress bar partially filled; the "Build Project" segment in the main IDE info bar at the bottom will show either 27-31% complete or 100% complete.  Even if the build required no action ("Nothing to be done for 'all'."), or I'm just doing a "clean", the IDE can freeze up.  I can terminate the IDE by clicking the red X in either the Build Project dialog or the main window, and clicking through the standard Windows "not responding" system dialog.  I can then restart the IDE, and usually the first build completes OK, but repeated edits and recompiles now inevitably cause the IDE to lock up, sometimes on just the first or second compile.  Now, if I wait several minutes, the IDE sometimes un-freezes itself and returns to normal operation.  But I can't be waiting several minutes for the IDE to resume operation, so killing and restarting is the only viable workaround.

This may be coincidence, but I also installed the latest Windows 10 version 1709 cumulative system patch (KB4056892) a couple of days ago.  It's the only major thing that's changed with my system; my project certainly has not changed significantly in the past couple of days.  I'm concerned that something in the Windows patch may be interacting with MCUXpresso.

Is anyone else encountering recent issues with MCUXpresso 10.1.0 freezing after a successful build?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David Rodgers

- How about build another simple project ?

-How about restart your PC?

- How about change to another new workspace for MCUXpress IDE ?

-How about reinstall it ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

Well, I did a couple of things.  One, I set the option to always run in the background, so there's no dialog box to freeze up.  Second, I did reboot my system.  So far, the problem is not repeating itself, which is encouraging.  Given that no one else has replied to this thread, I'm going to assume that my experience was isolated and unique.  Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your sharing.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos