cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S69: Few TZ configurations per project

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi !

I can see MCUXpresso IDE support several Functional configurations for Pins, Peripheralss but not for TZ configuration.

But for example TZ configuration can be different for Release and Debug versions of FW already. Support of different Platforms are also require it.

Does it possible to enable multiple TZ configurations in IDE ?

Regards,

Eugene

Labels (1)
6 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Eugene,

TEE configuration tool is for Trustzone configuration, but it's not for multi-targets.

Best Regards

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jun Zhang !

But I should be able to create several TZ configuration and call relevant function  BOARD_InitTrustZone_XXXX();

when it need. For example Debug and Release targets might have different access to memory and peripherals and I need to configuration for have strict security settings.

#ifndef NDEBUG

BOARD_InitTrustZone_Release();

#else

BOARD_InitTrustZone_Debug();

#endif

But how I can keep/create few TZ configurations ?

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos

nxa16617
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eugene,

The TEE configuration is not designed with this in mind. There is no functional groups support. However, you could try to work it around by duplication of the .mex file and use one .mex for debug and the second one for release. It is not as simple as #ifdef, but it could work for cases when you do not need to switch between configurations too often.

pastedImage_3.png

To switch between the debug and the release, you need to double-click one of the .mex files and press the "Update Project Code" button.
pastedImage_5.png

Best Regards,
Juraj

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi !

I think multiple mex files is not so strait way to do it becouse it also have gpio pin configurations and etc.

Could it be possible to promote multiple TEE configuration to the next MCUEpresso IDE ?

I think it very useful feature.

What do you think about it ?

Regards, Eugene

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eugene

Thanks for proposing the idea.

I can't decide but I will escalate it as feature request to PM. However for the moment, MCUXpresso IDE doesn't have this feature yet.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jun Zhang !

Yes, please promote. We are long term users and can wait and use this feature for sure.

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos