LPC54S018M CMSIS SPI driver error busy flag

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54S018M CMSIS SPI driver error busy flag

G1234
Contributor I

There seems to be an error in fsl_spi_cmsis.c in SPI_InterruptGetStatus(): To my mind the busy flag in the ARM_SPI_STATUS RETURN is set opposing to what I would expect. It will be set to "0" if there is still data to be transmitted or received.

(Same issue in SPI_GetDMAStatus() ..)

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @G1234,

Related with the SPI_InterruptGetStatus(). If you look closely in the LPC540xx/LPC54S0xx User manual; Chapter 27: LPC540xx/LPC54S0xx Serial Peripheral Interfaces (SPI); you will see that the SPI Status register (STAT), specifies that some flags actually can be cleared by writing a 1.

RaulRomero_0-1666798926335.png

And related with the SPI_GetDMAStatus(), if you click or let the cursor in txInProgress or rxInProgress, you will be able to see that actually the flag is setting with a 1 when the transfer is active (busy), and clearing with a 0, when the transfer ends.

RaulRomero_1-1666798926343.png

RaulRomero_2-1666798926347.png

Regards, Raul.

0 Kudos

G1234
Contributor I

Hello Paul,

thank you for looking at this.

But I still think that in both of the "getStatus"-Routines SPI_InterruptGetStatus() and SPI_DMAGetStatus() the stat.busy flag returns just the opposite: The code says

"if either TX is in progress OR RX is in progress the SPI is not busy" (stat.busy is set to 0)

according to your explanation and my understanding it should be:

"if either TX is in progress OR RX is in progress the SPI is busy" (stat.busy should be set to 1)

(This is not a question about how to clear the flags in the registers of the processor)

0 Kudos

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @G1234,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. The stat.busy in both functions GetStatus (DMA and Interrupt) is setting to 0 when SPI is busy.

• (SPI_InterruptGetStatus)txRemainingBytes and rxRemainingBytess will decrease its value until it ends the transfer.
  • (SPI_DMAGetStatus)txInProgress and rxInProgress will be True during the transfer, and False only when the transfer ends or aborts.

So, as you say, stat.busy will be 0 while SPI communicates, and 1 when doesn't.

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos