cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FatFS stuck on f_mount call

nishant_radix
Contributor I

Hi,

I am currently using a EVK MIMXRT1170 board for development and I need to add FatFS middleware support to my project. I wish to emulate the SDK example given for FatFS since that runs baremetal and I intend to do the same. However, when I go to the "Manage SDK Components" option and add the FatFS middleware, it also forces a bunch of RTOS libraries to be added even though I specifically uncheck them from the list.

This essentially forced me to manually copy over the required files from the FatFS SDCard demo example supplied in the SDK. I added the requisite include directories manually to the include paths and even added the additional sources required for FatFS and SDMMC. I also added the SD_ENABLE option to the point where everything compiles just fine but gets stuck in an f_mount call during runtime. However, the SDCard example works just fine and I am wondering if I am missing a setting somewhere. Is there another option I need to set?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nishant_radix,

What FreeRTOS components does the "Manage SDK Components" window force to your project? I would highly recommend you use this window instead of adding them manually, as this ensures that the addition of all of the required components and dependencies will also be included. Perhaps some files that include FreeRTOS functionality will be added, but this functionality will not even be compiled, as all of the FreeRTOS functionality should be behind macro definitions that prevent them to be compiled if you are not using the RTOS.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos