Can't route a pin to TMR3 peripheral

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't route a pin to TMR3 peripheral

fractalgarden
Contributor III

On IMXRT1052 I'm trying to use the MCUXPresso pins tool to route pin GPIO_AD_B1_03 [M12] to use it as input signal for the TMR3 peripheral, channel 3.

According to the manual, it can be routed to TMR3_TIMER3 Selecting Pad GPIO_AD_B1_03 for Mode: ALT1

In the configurator Routing table, it looks properly routed to TMR3, signal TIMER, 3

But in the TMR3 peripheral configurator, a warning says "Timer input 3 of peripheral TMR3 is not routed".

See attached screenshots.

Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alex_Wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @fractalgarden 

Do you want to use the timer to enter the capture mode, or the timer to count? If you are just counting, you need to set Timer mode. If you set the input capture mode you need to route an input pin.

If you have any other questions, please tell me more details. I hope I can help you.

Best regards, Alex

0 Kudos

fractalgarden
Contributor III
I need input capture mode;
I want to count the number of rising edges of pin M12;
it's not clear if this is routable as input pin
0 Kudos

Alex_Wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @fractalgarden 

If you enter capture mode, just set TMR3 {pin_num: M12, peripheral: TMR3, signal: 'TIMER, 3', pin_signal: GPIO_AD_B1_03}

Routing is enough. The secondary timer/counter source is optional, and you need to route an input if you need to use the secondary timer/counter source.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Best regards, Alex

0 Kudos

Alex_Wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @fractalgarden 

QTMR You need to select a primary clock count source for each channel. If you select IP bus clock divide by 1 prescaler as the input clock count source, you can ignore the route warning.

Clock sources are divided into three categories: the first category, the clock input pins of the QTMR module, each QTMR module has four relatively independent channels, each channel has a clock input pin (software configurable), can provide a clock for this channel or other channels. Second, the clock output of other QTRM channels, each QTMR timer channel can output the clock, and can be used as a clock source for other channels. The third type, IP bus clock after frequency division, is often used when QTMR is used for output PWM or input capture.

Alex_Wang_0-1711704865854.jpeg

Alex_Wang_1-1711705189308.png

Hope this hopes you.

Best regards, Alex

0 Kudos

fractalgarden
Contributor III

Thanks Alex,

I tried to route M12 to TMR3 primary source, "Bus clock divided by 1";

fractalgarden_1-1712239857643.png

fractalgarden_0-1712239797683.png

now the warning is only on "Secondary source" which I don't need;