cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDT Builder Error

DJump
Contributor II

MCUxpresso 11.7 / Windows 11

I installed 11.7 yesterday and did not encounter any problems. Everything was good.

Today, I am getting this error on what appears to be a good build.

CDTBuilderError.jpg

I am not sure where I find the log files to include. I found one in my User area C:\Users\djump\.nxp\nxp_conf_workspace_v12.0\.metadata\log but it is from two weeks ago.

I found a similar error, though probably a different reason, on the STM support forum and it had to do with changing something in the Build Artifact section of C/C++ Build Settings.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001Pq3BESAZ/stm32cubeide-v190-throws-null-exception-when-...

I have uninstalled the previous version.

Rebooted

Re-installed 11.7

Tried SDK samples

Clean and Build

All get the same error message and nothing loads or executes.

Let me know what information you need and I will do my best to supply it.

D

PS - when creating a new project (C/C++), the IDE places an invalid command in the PostBuild command line.

Tags (1)
8 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please go to Help => MCUXpresso IDE Save Info for Support, tick all the boxes and then attach here the exported zip file.

You're also mentioning about an invalid post-build command for default SDK projects. What is the command you see?

Regards,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

DJump
Contributor II

I removed 11.7 but I still have the download and can probably create that file. That will be later in the day.

For the PostBuild command that I was getting in 11.6 and 11.7:

( py -3 $PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../../tools/imagetool/dk6_image_tool.py -s 294912 "$TARGET_PATH$" || python3 $PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../../tools/imagetool/dk6_image_tool.py -s 294912 "$TARGET_PATH$" ) && arm-none-eabi-objcopy -v -O binary "$TARGET_PATH$" "$TARGET_PATH$.bin"

When this first occurred, I had followed the instructions to install Python 2.7 which went OK.

Then, this command wanted python3 which I assumed was Python 3.x so I installed that and renamed the executable to python3.

During all of this stepping through the process, I was getting $TARGET_PATH$ becoming "ARGET_PATH". It took a long time to chase this down to the command line as I thought that maybe it was in a script or something. I fixed most of this by changing $TARGET_PATH$ to $(TARGET_PATH)

Thank you for your reply and attention

D

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @DJump 

From the compile log, it seems there is issue with your project:

Alice_Yang_0-1674987283018.png

You can use a simple demo project to test the IDE. 

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

DJump
Contributor II

How important is the PostBuild step in building an image for debugging? When I created that project with NEW C/C++ tab, the IDE generated a completely unusable command line with $TARGET_PATH$ being translated to ARGET_PATH$. I cobbled together that command that runs fine with the previous version of the IDE  (which I am now about to reinstall).

I also did download and compile the sample sdk projects with the very same CDT Builder error message.

Thank you for taking a look and replying.

0 Kudos

DJump
Contributor II

I reinstalled MCUxpressor 11.6 and everything works again.

D

0 Kudos

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

I was about to install MCUXpresso 11.7.0 but now I wonder if I should wait for 11.7.1 instead.

I hope NXP get's this issue fixed.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As far as I know, we're not talking about a systemic problem affecting the build process - seems to happen in a certain setup. I already asked for some extra details that would help us understand the problem but we did not receive it yet. Without the requested support information, there's not much we can do since there aren't any other similar reports so far.

Regards,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Dear team NXP,

Thanks for letting us know. That's reassuring.

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos