Did you mean: 

pushd popd not found

Jump to solution
markhan
Contributor II

When performing post-build steps, I get the following errors:

/bin/sh: 1: pushd: not found

/bin/sh: 1: popd: not found

pushd and popd are available in bash, but not sh.  Is there a way to tell MCUXpresso to use /bin/bash for post-build steps instead of /bin/sh?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
markhan
Contributor II

Our solution was to modify the post-build steps so they are not using pushd and popd. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @markhan 

I would like to know more details on your question, to be able to provide you support. 

Can you share with me what are you trying to do? Also can you provide me the Ubuntu and MCUXpresso versions, please?

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos
markhan
Contributor II

I am running Ubuntu 20.04.4 and MCUXpresso IDE v. 11.7.1.

Project Properties - Settings - Post-build steps contains the following lines:

pushd "${ProjDirPath}/.." > /dev/null
doxygen "${ProjDirPath}/doc/Doxyfile"
popd > /dev/null

The build output includes:

/bin/sh: 1: pushd: not found

/bin/sh: 1: popd: not found

0 Kudos
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @markhan 

Thank you for the information.

This is what I was able to find regarding your question.

On the MCUXpresso installation guide, you can find the next information regarding running from bash:

From bash

The product is installed in the directory /usr/local/mcuxpressoide-<build> and can be run using the command mcuxpressoide if /usr/local/mcuxpressoide-<build>/ide is placed on your path, for example using:

export PATH="/usr/local/mcuxpressoide-<build>/ide:$PATH"

Depending on the desktop manager you use you may need to set some environment variables. It is safe to use these settings for any desktop, however, and you can always run using the following command line.

SWT_GTK3=0 UBUNTU_MENUPROXY=0 mcuxpressoide &

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll look further more into the issue, meanwhile I recommend you to try to reinstall MCUXpresso or update to MCUXpresso 11.8 the newer version of the IDE.

Also, I've found this thread from Stack Overflow which says that the current path or directory is not being found and some users comment workarounds.

Also can you tell me the microcontroller you are using?

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos
markhan
Contributor II

I have been running mcuxpresso from the gui link.  Adding it to the path and running it from the command line does not fix the problem. 

We are using an MKL81Z128.  The other engineer on the project is using 11.7.1 on a Mac system and does not have this problem.  I may try upgrading to 11.8, but we want to maintain the same tool versions between us.

0 Kudos
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @markhan 

Let me know if updating the version works, also, if it is possible, I recommend to use another computer or reinstall the IDE. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos
markhan
Contributor II

Our solution was to modify the post-build steps so they are not using pushd and popd. 

markhan
Contributor II

I am running a new install of Ubuntu.

0 Kudos