Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ee(42). Could not connect to core.

Jump to solution
owen_phelan
Contributor I

Hi there,

I am using the i.MXRT 1050 EVK and MCUXpresso v10.3 to build the standard "hello world" application.

I had previously done this before successfully, but now I am getting an 'Ee(42). Could not connect to core.' message whenever I try to debug any application.

Screenshot+from+2019-03-21+10-38-21.jpg

I have been trying for days to fix this. When I got a second chip, the debugging worked for a period and then this error occurred again. Now I have two i.MXRT 1050 EVKs and neither of them are able to debug any application. I have tried unplugging, replugging, rebooting, updating all applications, etc. but to no avail. Can anyone assist me on this matter?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Owen Phelan,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
According to the error message, the debugger can't detect the core, I'd like to know whether you change the some jumper's location during the testing or not.
Meanwhile, I'd like to suggest you to try the below tricks to fix the issue.
1. Delete the previous SDK library's demo, then reimport it.
2. Change the Switch SW7 to make the RT1052 boot type become the Serial Downloader prior to debugging.
Please give a try
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Owen Phelan,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
According to the error message, the debugger can't detect the core, I'd like to know whether you change the some jumper's location during the testing or not.
Meanwhile, I'd like to suggest you to try the below tricks to fix the issue.
1. Delete the previous SDK library's demo, then reimport it.
2. Change the Switch SW7 to make the RT1052 boot type become the Serial Downloader prior to debugging.
Please give a try
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

owen_phelan
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

Switching the SW7 to the 0010 position, booting up, then switching back to 0110 fixed the issue.

I can now debug applications again.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos