A question about configuring clock with MCUXpresso Config Tools

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about configuring clock with MCUXpresso Config Tools

Contributor I

Recently I updated my MCUXpresso Config Tools from V2.0 to V5.0, but it's quite curious that the file clock_config.c created by the new version of the tool is not able to make it work with the old project... And this just occurs in DMA transfers.

But it seems that there's no difference between the old config tool and the new one. I'm confused...I want to know how this happened, and how to fix this if possible.Should I go back for the old version or not?

The MCU in this project is MKV58F1M0VLQ24.I would be appreciate it for your help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello 杨 森茂,

If want to use the new one ,you can compare the old clock_config.c with new one, also the clock_config.h,

check where changed  then impact the DMA working.

For old project, recommend you still use MCUXpresso config Tools v2.0.

For new project after that, recommend using newest version.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi Alice_Yang,

Thanks for your quick response.I compared these flies you mentioned after I recived the reply and found the problem.

It seems the value of SIM_CLKDIV1 calculated by the config tool is the only reason. The new version can support up to 50MHz of external reference clock and the old one is not available, so I calculated it myself in my old project, and the value is 0x1370000U, which is 0x1390000U when using the config tool. Here is the screenshots of the old project and the new one:

new_p.JPG

old_p.JPG

and this is the config tool:

config.JPG

Is there a bug in the config tool or not? Although the tool issued a warning, it still generated the clock_config.c.

Regards,

杨 森茂

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I noticed that you modified the generated code (as you mentioned above). You can use the new version of the MCUXpresso Config Tools V5.0 but I would recommend to update the project configuration to produce the required initialization code without any manual modification. It will allows you further problem-free maintenance of your clock configuration in the Clocks tool.

You can also use locks for the OUTDIVx dividers to provide required ratios between these outputs clocks (System clocks, Fast peripheral clock, FlexBus clock and Bus/Flash clock).

Let me know if you need any other help to fix your issue, please.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hello Marek,

Thank you for these suggestions. I'm pretty sure it's not feasible to config the project with MCUXpresso Config Tools. The only register I modified was OUTDIV4, which was configured in the tool to be 1001 (devide 10), and I modified it to 0111 (devide 8) so that the DMA interrupt could run properly. In the Config Tools, this register is used to control the Bus/Flash clock, and it cannot be configured to 0111. Obvoiusly, the option provided by the Config Tools is not correct. 

I wonder if it is possible that the new version will not be able to pick the right value when it uses an external reference clock of 50MHz? If that's the case, I hope it will be fixed. If I had any unintentional mistakes in my configuration, please correct me. Here are my configuration: System clocks: 235MHz, Fast peripheral clock: 117.5MHz, FlexBus clock: 58.75MHz, Bus/Flash clock: 23.5MHz. The External Reference clock is 50MHz.

Best Regards,

杨 森茂

0 Kudos