cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config tool producing bad code?

Jump to solution
CktDesigner
Contributor IV

I'm using MCUXpresso version v11.7.0 (Build 9198)

I'm using SDK version 2.13.0

After configuring a new peripheral (FLEXIO2) and clicking "Update code" the code produce by the config tool won't compile.

The attached image shows a screen capture with the issue.

This is my first time trying to use FlexIO, so perhaps there is an issue with the configuration, but the statement in question doesn't even look like legal C...

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

can you please attach a project that will demonstrate the issue? I'm trying to reproduce it but with no avail so far. I tried configuration for MIMXRT1062xxxxA and MIMXRT1062xxxxB processor but the generated code in both cases looks like this:

Lukas_Heczko_0-1678789960716.png

Thank you,

Lukas

EDIT: One thing you may try right away is to refresh the tools data used to generate the code: In MCUXpresso IDE go to ConfigTools > Data Manager and click on the Clean cached. This cleans the internal tools data from you computer, restarts MCUXpresso IDE and downloads latest tools data.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

can you please attach a project that will demonstrate the issue? I'm trying to reproduce it but with no avail so far. I tried configuration for MIMXRT1062xxxxA and MIMXRT1062xxxxB processor but the generated code in both cases looks like this:

Lukas_Heczko_0-1678789960716.png

Thank you,

Lukas

EDIT: One thing you may try right away is to refresh the tools data used to generate the code: In MCUXpresso IDE go to ConfigTools > Data Manager and click on the Clean cached. This cleans the internal tools data from you computer, restarts MCUXpresso IDE and downloads latest tools data.

CktDesigner
Contributor IV

Doing the "Clean Cached" fixed the problem!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CktDesigner
Contributor IV

Now I'm looking for an example/documentation to use the parallel FlexIO driver.   All of the FlexIO demos seem to use manual programming to do what the Config Tool sets up automatically.

Are there any demos that use the Config tools to create the files produced by "Update Code" that reside in the "board" folder?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

example projects in MCUXpresso SDK use only code generated by Pins and Clocks tool. In case of code generated by Peripherals tool, there is limitation in the SDK as it does not utilize it. If you want to replace the hand written initialization in an example project with code from Peripherals tool, you have to replace it manually.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
CktDesigner
Contributor IV

OK, thanks...

0 Kudos