cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader settings

utkarsh_patil
Contributor I

Hi All,

I am new to NXP development. And  I am using NXP-frdm k22f dev-kit with IAR IDE.

Whenever I powered my board there was a green LED always stays ON previously. But yesterday, as I tried to run the example code on the kit, I was getting "not found prob error" so after checking on the NXP site I got that, I need to install a PC config driver and I did so.

And I also found that after installing the driver when I connect the board to the PC it should show OpenSDA_CDC serial port in the port option of my device manager. However, I was not getting this option in my port device list. 

After searching on the NXP site, I found that I need to do some boot loader settings differently in case my pc in windows 10 configuration.

I tried to follow the given steps, by pressing the Reset button present on the dev-kit and placing the required binary file in G drive.

However, after these steps, the green LED which was ON turned OFF. and now even after re-powering the device not able to detect the device.

If I have done something wrong, can anyone help to solve the issue and work the device?

Please help me at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards

Utkarsh

3 Replies

utkarsh_patil
Contributor I

Thank you for your quick response and suggestions,

Yes i also think that i have made a mistake while  adding the open SDA debugger settings,

However i request you to please help me with steps to reset the dev kit to normal settings.

And also my question was after factory reset the device, will i be able to use the Dev kit on IAR IDE without performing the open SDA debugger settings?

Please Help at the earliest

Thanks and regards

Utkarsh

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Before that, can you tell me when you connect usb cable with RESET pin pressed, what appears in PC? What is your standalone debugger, Jlink/Ulink/Multilink...?

When you reconfig the openSDA correctly and installed it's corresponding driver, IAR can use it easily.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Utkarsh,

As you can see in OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP , FRDM-K22F original openSDA bootloader is v2.0/v2.1。 It has problem on win10. I guess you didn't update it correctly. When you update openSDA bootloader, you should use an standalone debugger and connect to J12. Then use the debugger's software to download bootloader to K20. After that, when you connect usb port again, a new disk names MAINTENANCE should be appear. Then you can drag and drop debugger application to it. 

Regards,

Jing