lx2162 u-boot ethernet driver issue: qbman_swp_acquire() failed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lx2162 u-boot ethernet driver issue: qbman_swp_acquire() failed

sergey_gavrish
Contributor II

Hello. We working with lx2162 processor, in use lsdk2108. Update all software parts (firmware, bootpartition, rootfs) we are doing through fastboot mode (UDP) in u-boot.

But there is a bug in ethernet driver for u-boot: got an error message "qbman_swp_acquire() failed" when trying send udp packet from timed constructed callback. This happens when hostmachine send entire image to target, and target from fastboot protocol goes to flash image to memory device (emmc). Target will answer with udp packet in the end of writing by back stackcall, but while writing, target every 30 seconds try send a progress status. This udp packet is not always send, and fastboot process goes failed.

Also hostmachine, while target goes writing, send some udp requests to target and it looks like there are may be some overflow in input bufers of datapath resources that blocks tx path, but u-boot network system is organized through mainloop not interrupt to process rx packets.

Also may be it will be helpfull: real return value of qbman_swp_acquire() in ldpaa_eth.c -> ldpaa_eth_tx call is zero (not negative meaning some error).

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

LFGP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
We really sorry, but the  Layerscape platform doesn't have support to use fastboot mode. 
0 Kudos

sergey_gavrish
Contributor II

I'm really sorry, but support of fastboot mode is granted by u-boot software and it's not depended of platform. The platform must provide drivers for hardware peripherals, in our case ethernet mac driver. And I'm declare - your driver for ethernet have bugs. Yes, by default fastboot mode is switched off in LSDK for u-boot, but our software team enabled it and provided needed actions to do all software flashing. And please don't worry - it's working for us on the different platforms (ls1012a, CycloneV SoC)

Your answer looks like you don't understand the question.

0 Kudos

LFGP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
""The fastboot protocol is a mechanism for communicating with bootloaders over USB"" as you know, when the LX2162 is booting it needs the RCW, but the sources for it must be one of the following options:

SD Card, eMMC, I2C,

FlexSPI Serial NAND or

FlexSPI Serial NOR.

please read the chapter "4.9 Functional description" in the reference manual.

At Uboot stage you don't have the entire stack of networking.
0 Kudos

sergey_gavrish
Contributor II

Please, can you return to the subject of a problem?

U-boot ethernet driver presented here: https://github.com/nxp-qoriq/u-boot/blob/LSDK-21.08/drivers/net/ldpaa_eth/ldpaa_eth.c , has issue in ldpaa_eth_tx() call, return error with info message "qbman_swp_acquire() failed".

All other things when and how it's happens I described in first topic post.

0 Kudos