ls1028ardb change DDR and pinmux configuration, reference files?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ls1028ardb change DDR and pinmux configuration, reference files?

Jump to solution
mikelooijmans
Contributor III

In preparation for a custom board, I'm trying to change DDR settings and pinmux on the LS1028ARDB board.

My first goal is to disable ECC on the memory (to speed up boot time).

Apparently, the way to do this is through codewarrior.

I could find how to create a project for these things. But what I cannot find is any reference for the board's settings. It'd be so much more convenient to be able to start with settings that are already correct for the LS1028ARDB board.

Are any such files available?

Alternatively, codewarrior offers options to load these from memory dumps. But, for example, after dumping the register contents in u-boot using "md", the result after loading these in codewarior is totally bogus. There appears to be no documentation whatsoever that describes how to create the files that codewarrior desires.

1 Solution
mikelooijmans
Contributor III

Got it somewhat working.

Created a hexdump from codewarrior. Tried to read it back, and that works.

Took the u-boot memory dump I already created, and wrote a python script to convert it into the same format as the hexdump.

This file it would accept. Generated the DDR settings, which creates useless files that cannot be used in ATF.

Made the changes, and generated again. Compared the files using a diff tool, and then manually patched those changes into the ATF code.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
mikelooijmans
Contributor III

Got it somewhat working.

Created a hexdump from codewarrior. Tried to read it back, and that works.

Took the u-boot memory dump I already created, and wrote a python script to convert it into the same format as the hexdump.

This file it would accept. Generated the DDR settings, which creates useless files that cannot be used in ATF.

Made the changes, and generated again. Compared the files using a diff tool, and then manually patched those changes into the ATF code.

Hector_Villarruel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

@mikelooijmans 

We are glad to hear that,

If you have any further update please reply to this post. If you have new or different queries please do not hesitate to create a new support case.

Have a great day.

BR,

Hector

0 Kudos
mikelooijmans
Contributor III

I've been going around in circles on the links you've provided, but no trace of anything remotely resembling what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for something that I can feed into CodeWarrior, so that it can create the DDR code for the LS1028ARDB.

I've tried memory dumps (from u-boot in various formats), but codewarrior doesn't accept them and complains about the format.

0 Kudos
Hector_Villarruel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @mikelooijmans 

At the moment when you create a project you will need to chose the LS1028 as your device.

On CodeWarrior on the left side there is a DDR_mc1:DDR at the component section, on this option you can be able to disable the ECC (Error Checking and Correction) on the SDRAM Control Configuration  -> Control Configuration 1.

Have a great day.

BR,

Hector

0 Kudos
mikelooijmans
Contributor III

My question was about getting a working reference.

When I choose the LS1028, the DDR configuration it comes up with by default does not match the LS1028ARDB board. One obvious difference is that ECC is off.

What I want is to have the configuration for the LS1028ARDB.

The rest I think I can figure out myself.

0 Kudos
Hector_Villarruel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @mikelooijmans 

Regarding your last reply,

You say: 

"What I want is to have the configuration for the LS1028ARDB."

The default configuration is on the LSDK 21.08, LS1028ARDB image,

If you would like to download the image please find the image on the components section:

https://lsdk.github.io/index.html

If you would like to compile the image you can follow the steps on the Layerscape Linux Distribution POC User Guide please find it on the following link at the documentation section:

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/software/embedded-software/linux-software-and-development-t...

Have a great day,

BR,

Hector V

0 Kudos
mikelooijmans
Contributor III

I have working images and software and Yocto and everything, I'm not looking for that. I am also fully aware that the DDR works perfectly fine when I build things from Yocto.

I've been going around in circles on the links you've provided, but no trace of anything remotely resembling what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for something that I can feed into CodeWarrior, so that it can create the DDR code for the LS1028ARDB.

I've tried memory dumps (from u-boot in various formats), but codewarrior doesn't accept them and complains about the format.

0 Kudos