cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ls1028 TSN 802.1QBV queueMaxSDU and guard band question

xinliwang
Contributor III

Hi @yipingwang and community

I wanna discuss with you guys regarding the definition of queueMaxSDU and  guard band in NXP 802.1BV.

According to the reference menu the guardband is set by"--maxSDU"

xinliwang_0-1691548649359.png

and the maxSDU definition is "queueMaxSDU" which also set by "--maxSDU" 

xinliwang_1-1691548687287.png

But according to the IEEE802.1qbv. The queueMaxSDU and guardband has no absolut connection. We can determine the size we need for the guard bands, depending on the queueMaxSDU which means we can set queueMaxSDU and guardband independently. On the other hand, these two parameters no need to be equal.

But on NXP board ls1028ardb, we can not set both parameters independently. I wonder is this a unique NXP qbv feature or it could be imprved based on IEEE802.1QBV standard?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Currently in linux driver, guard band is calculated according to "QSYS_QMAXSDU_CFG_x", it's MAX SDU for traffic class x(0~7).
Customer can also set "PORT_MAX_SDU", this value is used for guard band calculation for a traffic class if the QMAXSDU_CFG_* is set to '0'.

for LS1028 switch IP, guard band is calculated according to the MAX SDU of the related traffic class or port.

Thanks

0 Kudos

xinliwang
Contributor III

Hi @yipingwang 

Thank you for your reply;

It seems like we could not set guardband independently.

But I wonder does eno0 port has guardband too? I could not find any description on ENETC chapter.

Thank you 

0 Kudos