cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flex-builder scripts seems to ignore buildroot post-image script changes

Anuz
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am building a buildroot rootfs image using flex-builder. What I have noticed that post-image scripts create a copy of /build/rfs/rootfs_lsdk2108_buildroot_tiny_arm64/target directory inside /build/rfs/rootfs_lsdk2108_buildroot_tiny_arm64/build/buildroot-fs/tar and runs fakeroot changes which are creating device nodes etc and this is all packaged into /build/rfs/rootfs_lsdk2108_buildroot_tiny_arm64/images/rootfs.tar.

This process is then repeated for various formats rootfs.ubifs, rootfs.cpio etc, which are all zipped in /build/rfs/rootfs_lsdk2108_buildroot_tiny_arm64/images/ directory.

Now for every other format, which is not tgz, post-image changes are copied with configs/buildroot/post-image.sh script into /home/anuz/dev/flex/build/images. However tgz is done a bit differently.

This line in tools/flex-builder script

cd $RFSDIR && sudo tar czf $FBOUTDIR/images/$tarballname *

takes the image from target directory before any changes from post-image stuff and creates a tgz image without those changes.

Only way I see to override this behaviour is changing this particular line in flex-builder stuff to take root.tar and not use unchanged target directory. Does anyone have any other solution to this, potentially which doens't change flex-builder script.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Anuz
Contributor II

I was just trying to add new users in file /board/freescale/ls1046axxx/user_tables.txt

Because of the above issue even dbus and sshd users are not added to /etc/passwd

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no such file /board/freescale/ls1046axxx/user_tables.txt in flex-builder or the target board.

Would you please explain more?

0 Kudos

Anuz
Contributor II

There isn't a file present there, it is a file we have created for our board.

It follows the format listed here

https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#makeuser-syntax

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Any issue have you met during build buildroot image with flex-build? or any new feature need to be supported. Please supply us detailed info.
0 Kudos