U_BOOT CONSOLE NOT OBTAINED WHEN LPUART3 IS ENABLED.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U_BOOT CONSOLE NOT OBTAINED WHEN LPUART3 IS ENABLED.

Jump to solution
nikhilprakash
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am currently working on the LS1021aiot REV1 reference board.I am trying to enable LPUART3.I have edited the RCW and enabled LPUART3.But when i boot from QSPI i am not getting uboot console.Is there a need of any other modifications?Please help....

Regards

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
akhilpr
Contributor II

Hi Nikhil ,

I think it is silicon bug issue with ls1021a rev.1 board . I have ls1021a silicon Rev.2 custom board and SDK v0.4. All my lpuarts are working properly. I just have to modify the compatible in device tree and driver files. Please try it with ls1021a  Rev. 2  board and SDK v0.4. Make sure to add support in device tree bindings.

Portions of my worked dts and dtsi files are given below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dtsi

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lpuart0: serial@2950000 {

compatible = "fsl,vf610-lpuart";

reg = <0x0 0x2950000 0x0 0x1000>;

interrupts = <GIC_SPI 80 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH>;

clocks = <&platform_clk 1>;

clock-names = "ipg";

status = "disabled";

};

lpuart1: serial@2960000 {

reg = <0x0 0x2960000 0x0 0x1000>;

interrupts = <GIC_SPI 81 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH>;

clock-names = "ipg";

status = "disabled";

};

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

&lpuart0 {

status = "okay";

};

&lpuart1 {

status = "okay";

};

Use the same compatible in the driver file too, which may be fsl,ls1021a-lpuart. If worked please share.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
akhilpr
Contributor II

Hi Nikhil ,

I think it is silicon bug issue with ls1021a rev.1 board . I have ls1021a silicon Rev.2 custom board and SDK v0.4. All my lpuarts are working properly. I just have to modify the compatible in device tree and driver files. Please try it with ls1021a  Rev. 2  board and SDK v0.4. Make sure to add support in device tree bindings.

Portions of my worked dts and dtsi files are given below.

dtsi

lpuart0: serial@2950000 {

reg = <0x0 0x2950000 0x0 0x1000>;

interrupts = <GIC_SPI 80 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH>;

clock-names = "ipg";

status = "disabled";

};

lpuart1: serial@2960000 {

reg = <0x0 0x2960000 0x0 0x1000>;

interrupts = <GIC_SPI 81 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH>;

clock-names = "ipg";

status = "disabled";

};

dts

&lpuart0 {

status = "okay";

};

&lpuart1 {

status = "okay";

};

Use the same compatible in the driver file too, which may be fsl,ls1021a-lpuart. If worked please share.

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP offers Linux SDK 1.9:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/run-time-software/linux-sdk/linux-sdk-for-qoriq-proce...

This SDK support LPUART. See documentation in this SDK for LPUART using.

See the QorIQ-SDK-1.9-IC-RevA.pdf file in the QorIQ SDK V1.9 SOURCE.iso file.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
nikhilprakash
Contributor IV

Hi Pavel,

I am having SDK version 1.8.Does this SDK support LPUART???

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks like that this SDK is not support LPUART. Use the latest SDK 1.9.

Have a great day,
Pavel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
nikhilprakash
Contributor IV

Hi Pavel,

I have downloaded the latest sdk sdk1.9.When i try to build it shows that it does not support ls1021aiot.It has support only for ls1021atwr.

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP offers Linux SDK for LS1021A v0.4 (REV 0.4):

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=LS1021A-SDK-V0.4&appType=license&location=null&Parent_no...

This SDK offers the following possibilities for the LS1021A-IAT board for u-boot booting:

UBOOT_CONFIG[nor] = "ls1021aiot_nor_config"

UBOOT_CONFIG[sdcard] = "ls1021aiot_sdcard_config,sdcard"

UBOOT_CONFIG[lpuart] = "ls1021aiot_nor_lpuart_config"

UBOOT_CONFIG[qspi] = "ls1021aiot_qspi_config"

UBOOT_CONFIG[secure-boot] = "ls1021aiot_nor_SECURE_BOOT_config"

These possibilities are available in the file:

/Freescale-Linux-SDK-for-LS1021A-IOT-Rev2-v0.4-20150907-yocto.iso/meta-fsl-arm/conf/machine/ ls1021aiot.conf

Set the following: UBOOT_CONFIG ??= "lpuart" and build the u-boot.

Have a great day,
Pavel

nikhilprakash
Contributor IV

Hi Pavel,

If i set UBOOT_CONFIG??="qspi" will i get the uboot console using lpuart3???

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks like that UBOOT_CONFIG??="lpuart" should be used. Find the CONFIG_LPUART in the ls1021aiot.h file using the following path:

/Freescale-Linux-SDK-for-LS1021A-IOT-Rev2-v0.4-20150907-yocto.iso/build_ls1021aiot_release/tmp/work/ls1021aiot-fsl-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-ls1/2014.07-r0/git/include/configs

Have a great day,
Pavel

nikhilprakash
Contributor IV

Hi Pavel,

When i try to build with uboot_config??="lpuart" i am getting an error   "error: required section '.rel.plt' not found in the linker script  ,oe_runmake failed".What should i do now?Please help...

0 Kudos
nikhilprakash
Contributor IV

Hi Pavel,

Could you please provide the link for downloading SDK 1.9?Also if possible  can you please attach the uboot  of the same?

0 Kudos