cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTPMK fusing on Freeway LS1046ARDB

Faizanbaig
Contributor IV

Hi,

I want to know what are the additional steps that need to be performed for fuse programming on Freeway LS1046ARDB board.

The Freeway manual doesn't seem to include any instructions regarding jumper settings to connect 1.8V for fuse programming. Instead, it mentions the use of GPIO for this purpose. I have a couple of questions:

i) To program fuses on the Freeway LS1046, is it necessary to manually short anything, or is configuring the GPIOs sufficient?

ii) If GPIOs are involved, should the direction of GPIOs be set as input or output?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide me with the steps to carry out fuse programming on the Freeway Board. Because Fusing on LS1046ARDB and fusing on Freeway LS1046ARDB seems to be different.

Thanks,
Faizan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products,

As seen in board's reference manual:

Connects to the 1x2 PROG_SFP header (J74). The GPIO_FUSE_PROG signal controls the power supply to the TA_PROG_SFP pin of the processor:

• When GPIO_FUSE_PROG is low, power to TA_PROG_SFP pin is 1.8 V (fuse programming enable)

• When GPIO_FUSE_PROG is high, power to TA_PROG_SFP pin is 0 V (fuse programming disable) (default value)

I've seen that they're either one or another, please check the schematic, you can use GPIO to saturate the transistor or directly short with the NP J74.

josephlinares_0-1696880807371.png

If you want to use GPIO, you should probably need a workaround, I'd request your board revision to check on that.

Regards

0 Kudos

Faizanbaig
Contributor IV
Hi,
Thanks for the response.
But I am still in confusion. I would like you to provide me clarity on whether the steps/process for Fuse programming same for LS1046ARDB and Freeway LS1046A or is it different?
If Different what is it ? What are the detailed steps to be followed?

Regards,
Faizan
0 Kudos

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sure thing, as the fuses are inside the chip we'd expect that the fuses are burnt in the same way but there should be another way to enable POVDD, for everything else, I'm attaching a presentation based on LS1043A RDB that solves almost every question in implementing secure boot; you'll see is also another way to enable POVDD.

Regarding that, let's refer to latest LDP release.

For LS1043ARDB in 6.1.1.5.2.1 is told:

Put J13 to enable PWR_PROG_SFP

J13 is a 2x2 jumper that connects 1.8V to TA_PROG_SFP.

For LS1046ARDB:

Put J21 to enable PWR_PROG_SFP

J21 is a 2x2 jumper that connects 1.8V to TA_PROG_SFP.

For FRWY LS1046A REV B is missing, but in schematics is a NP 1x2 header J74 that can short OVDD to TA_PROG_SFP pin, it's ored with a MOSFET that can be triggered with a GPIO as FRWY LS1046A Reference Manual States.

josephlinares_0-1697051275971.png

So for slide 45 I think you can populate J74 or create this situation:

GPIO_FUSE_PROG is High, Q3 is ON= PROG_SFP=1.8V {Fuse programming Enable}

Regards,

0 Kudos