Need help navigating the waters on a) creating a custom machine b) creating a custom image.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help navigating the waters on a) creating a custom machine b) creating a custom image.

devnull0
Contributor II

I've been building images w/ yocto for a custom board that's similar to a LS1046ARDB (basically a simplified version of it). The image I've been building/testing up to now is bitbake fsl-image-kernelitb which uses the image fsl-image-mfgtool which extends core-image-minimal.

Our custom board doesn't have everything that the LS1046ARDB has so I would like to setup a more pristine/polished  machine config and image. I'm very new to Yocto though and need help navigating the waters of how does one go about this. So my two questions are ...

• How does one create a custom machine configuration (where in my case I could base it off of the LS1046ARDB)?

• How does one create a custom-image that extends say core-image-base/minimal but pulls in all the necessary qoriq stuff (e.g. like fsl-image-mfgtool does)? 
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @devnull0!

Sorry, we don't have a document explaining that, but you can consult the Yocto Documentation for that.

https://docs.yoctoproject.org/dev-manual/new-machine.html

Best Regards!

Chavira

0 Kudos