cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LX2160 esdhc1 and esdhc2

tonloc
Contributor II

Hi 

I have an application where I need to have a hardware write protect for emmc using LX2160.

1. Can I connect emmc memory to SDHC1 and sdcard to SDHC2?

2. SDHC1 was a write protect pin SDHC1_WP, if used would this guarantee that there would never be a write to emmc memory. How is SDHC1_WP implemented internally?

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ramprakash08
Contributor IV

Based on the information provided, it is possible to connect an eMMC memory to SDHC1 and an SD card to SDHC2. The eSDHC in the LX216x is compatible with the JESD84-B51(eMMC/MMC cards) and can be used as an interface for storage. There should be no issue when the eSDHC interface works with a 1.8-volt eMMC as it is a 1.8 V interface on both parts. However, a voltage translator must be used if it interfaces with any type of SD card, such as SDXC, SDHC, and SD cards.

As for the SDHC1_WP (Write Protect) pin, it is typically used to provide a hardware write protect feature. However, the exact behavior might depend on the specific implementation in the LX2160. It's assumed that if the SDHC1_WP pin is used and properly configured, it should prevent write operations to the eMMC memory. However, it's recommended to refer to the LX2160's specific documentation or datasheet for more detailed information on how the SDHC1_WP pin is implemented and its exact behavior.

0 Kudos