cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1028ARDB Development Secure Boot

inaki666
Contributor I
Hello,

We are trying to boot LS1028ARDB with secure boot without burning fuses until we are sure everything is working but we are not able
to make it run. We are following Layerscape Software Development Kit User Guide, Rev. 21.08 and using CCS tool. This user guide, does not
specify how to program OTPMK into mirror register so we have done our interpretation which might be wrong.

We are following this procedure:

1.- Download firmware from github and flash it into the device firmware_ls1028ardb_sdboot_secure.img
2.- Deactive SW2[5] SW_RST_MODE
3.- Reset and execute following commands from CCS in attached document.

The problem is that when we read SNVS_HPSR_REG before writing OTPMK, this value is 0x88002B00 which means the device is not in check mode.
Afterwards, we read 0xF0 at SCRATCHRW3 which means ERROR_STATE_NOT_CHECK.

We have also tried bridgin J28 PROG_SFP but the result is the same.

Do you know what could be the problem?
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Blowing of OTPMK is essential to run secure boot for both Production and Development phases.

0 Kudos

inaki666
Contributor I

In the example provided there is no documentation for LS1028 but LS2088 is yellow lighted.

Shall I follow LS2088 example? If so, which are the corresponding jumpers for LS1028ARDB board? J28?

And the last question, following this example will OTPMK be burned permanently? 

I have tried to read data from 0x1e90014 in U-boot but I'm still seeing 0x88002B00 as seen in the attached picture.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to the attached document.

0 Kudos