How to upload LSDK2108V Images into the target board ls1043ardb and make the board to work perfectly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload LSDK2108V Images into the target board ls1043ardb and make the board to work perfectly

Jump to solution
sreeramya
Contributor I

Hi All,

Can anyone please guide to fix below issues for the board ls1043ardb.

Issue #1 to fix: Unable to boot the board ls1043ardb to Tiny Linux Environment and unable to fetch the location where exactly this“lsdk2108_yocto_tiny_LS_arm64.itb”  is saved inside the particular partition of  disk (mmcblk0) on the board ls1043ardb after uploading this file into the board through TFTP tool.

We have followed the below steps as mentioned as per the LSDK2108 V Document.

1. a) We have selected “lsdk2108_yocto_tiny_LS_arm64.itb” file in a TFTP service directory, then downloaded this file  to a target board(ls1043ardb)under the U-boot console using the command as below :

=> tftp 82000000 lsdk2108_yocto_tiny_LS_arm64.itb; bootm 82000000#ls1043ardb.

The file has loaded into the board successfully, but after loading, it was directly rebooted to the default operating system i.e.Ubuntu 18.04 LTS but not entered into the U-boot prompt to perform the next steps i.e.  

installing  Boot partition (boot_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz)  and

rootfs (rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz) images using flex-installer, then we again bring the board booted to U-boot prompt, then executed the below commands  

1. a) “run sd_bootcmd”
  2. b) “run nor_bootcmd”
  3. c)  “run qspi_bootcmd” ,  
  4. d) “run xspi_bootcmd” , with these 4 commands prompted the error in U-boot console

” ERROR: can’t get kernel image” and not booted the board to Tiny Liny Environment.

For the Issue #1  , Can anyone please guide to provide the fix where exactly I am going wrong and provide the pre-defined steps w.r.t. board ls1043ardb for uploading “lsdk2108_yocto_tiny_LS_arm64.itb” and installing boot partition images (boot_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz) and rootfs images(rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz) using flexinstaller into the target board.

1. What are the DIP switch settings for the desired boot type of ls1043ardb board.
  2. How to Set  the board (ls1043ardb) to Tiny Linux Environment and  please guide  us  about which command (run sd_bootcmd /run nor_bootcmd/run qspi_bootcmd/run xspi_bootcmd) should be used for the specific ls1043ardb board in U-boot console in order to enter into Tiny Linux environment to execute flexinstaller command for installing boot partition images (boot_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz) and rootfs images(rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz)
  3. Please Provide the information about how to fetch the location where exactly this “lsdk2108_yocto_tiny_LS_arm64.itb” file is saved inside the board after uploading this file into the board, storage memory for our board ls1043ardb :mmcblk0 (EMMC).
  4. What is the right command for uploading this image “lsdk2108_yocto_tiny_LS_arm64.itb “ into the board, I have used below command:

=>tftp 82000000  lsdk2108_yocto_tiny_LS_arm64.itb; bootm 82000000#ls1043ardb.

Issue #2 to fix:  Unable to install boot-partition image (boot_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz) and Rootfs Images (rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz )using flex-installer in default “Ubuntu operating system 18.04 LTS” on the specified partition in mmcblk0-EMMC

As we could not able to boot the board to Tiny Linux Environment, so we manually downloaded “flex-installer file” from the NXP Website and copied “ The Flex-installer file, boot-partition Image (boot_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz), Rootfs Image(rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz) ” in the USB Pendrive ( formatted as ext4) and tried to install boot-partition image (boot_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz) and  Rootfs Image (rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz)  on the board by executing the following flex-installer command.

$ wget https://www.nxp.com/lgfiles/sdk/lsdk2108/flex-installer && chmod +x flex-installer && sudo mv flex-installer /usr/bin

$ flex-installer -b boot_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz -r rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz -d /dev/mmcblk0,

1. “ boot_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz” is installed on mmcblk0p2 , but when tried to install “rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz” on mmcblk0p2 shows “No space left”.
  2. But when tried to partition and format the Target disk on the board , it shows mmcblk0 has enough space 7.3GB .

Mmcblk0-EMMC is the  disk on the board which we have tried to use for installing LSDK 21.08 v images.

1. Using flex-installer we tried to partition and format the target disk on the board but prompted the below errors:

“umount:/mnt/mmcblk0p4:targer is busy”

“Error: Partition on /dev/mmcblk0 are being used”.

1. Commands used:

$ flex-installer -i  pf -d /dev/mmcblk0

$ flex-installer -i  pf -d /dev/mmcblk0 -p  4P=128M:2G:8G:-1

$ flex-installer -i  pf -d /dev/mmcblk0 -p 4P=64M:1200M:128M:-1

After running above commands and then “Reboot” the system, it prompted the below error:

“Kernel panic- not syncing:No working init found. Try passing init=option to kernel” and unable to boot to “Ubuntu 18.04 LTS”

For the Issue #2  We requesting to provide steps to fix  for the below..

1. As our understanding about the memory allocating and the partitions for the target disk is for eg: 4P=128M:2G:8G:-1, first 128M memory allocation is for “lsdk2108_yocto_tiny_LS_arm64.itb”, 2G memory alloction is for installing  “boot_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz “ , 8G memory alloction is for installing ” rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz” and -1 is for remaining space , if this is wrong , Please guide us to understand about the partitions of target disk on the board.
  2. What is the flexinstaller command to be used to properly partition and format the emmc (mmcblk0) and what is the purpose and logic behind in mentioning the partition sizes in flexinstaller command , example is given below

eg:

$ flex-installer -i  pf -d /dev/mmcblk0

$ flex-installer -i  pf -d /dev/mmcblk0 -p  4P=128M:2G:8G:-1

$ flex-installer -i  pf -d /dev/mmcblk0 -p 4P=64M:1200M:128M:-1

1. How to troubleshoot the below error and how to fix

“umount:/mnt/mmcblk0p4:targer is busy”

“Error: Partition on /dev/mmcblk0 are being used” and  

“Kernel panic- not syncing:No working init found. Try passing init=option to kernel”

Conclusion:

Our goal is to  upload  “lsdk2108_yocto_tiny_LS_arm64.itb” into the board ls1043ardb using TFTF Tool and should make to boot the board ls1043ardb into Tiny Linux Environment in order to install boot partition images (boot_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz) and rootfs images(rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz) using flexinstaller into the target board(Which has Ubuntu 20.04 LTS) and make it to work perfectly and the board should be booted to the operating system Ubuntu 20.04LTS (LSDK2108V kit has default Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Operating system packed inside it).

Note: Storage memory naming for our board ls1043ardb : mmcblk0

Please guide us the complete steps to reach our goal.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please deploy SD card on your host PC with the following command.

$ wget https://www.nxp.com/lgfiles/sdk/lsdk2108/flex-installer && chmod +x flex-installer && sudo mv flex-installer /usr/bin

$ flex-installer -i pf -d /dev/sdx

$ flex-installer -i auto -m ls1043ardb -d /dev/sdx

/dev/sdx is SD card device name on your host PC.

Then plug-in SD card to your target board and run the following command to boot from SD card.

=> cpld reset sd

Boot Ubuntu rootfs

=> boot

Boot tiny rootfs

=>run sd_bootcmd

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please deploy SD card on your host PC with the following command.

$ wget https://www.nxp.com/lgfiles/sdk/lsdk2108/flex-installer && chmod +x flex-installer && sudo mv flex-installer /usr/bin

$ flex-installer -i pf -d /dev/sdx

$ flex-installer -i auto -m ls1043ardb -d /dev/sdx

/dev/sdx is SD card device name on your host PC.

Then plug-in SD card to your target board and run the following command to boot from SD card.

=> cpld reset sd

Boot Ubuntu rootfs

=> boot

Boot tiny rootfs

=>run sd_bootcmd

0 Kudos
sreeramya
Contributor I
Hi @yipingwang,
Thanks for the solution updated by you
0 Kudos