Debugger not found

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger not found

bashireslam
Contributor I

Using code warrior for LS1046 reference design board. The simple  program ("hello world") builds fine. However, when invoking debug, the system is not able to complete the request and responds with error: "debug server not found". 

I have looked at the location indicated in the debug configuration and the executable is there. 

( the code warrior was downloaded from: https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?element=8739507

Any suggestions / help will be appreciated. 

Best ...

Teklike

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bashir Eslam,

Please download and install the latest CW4NET 2018.01 from "Software Licensing and Support->NXP Software" after login https://www.nxp.com.

After installing CodeWarrior for ARMv8, please check whether there is valid license in the folder C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2018.01\Common.

Please refer to C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2018.01\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\Help\Getting_Started_for_CW_ARMv8.pdf to create a bareboard project, build this project and connect to the target board.

If your problem remains, please capture the protocol console log to me to do more investigation.

Before connecting to the target board, please refer to the following to enable CCS protocol logging , then connect to the target board and capture the "Protocol logging Console" and send it to me to do more investigation.

You can do this by going to Window > Preferences > Target Connection Configuration > Logging Configuration > Logging level : Debug, Enable logging to Eclipse console.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos