cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR auto-configuration issue

AngelMorales
Contributor II

Hi,

We have a custom board based on LS1046A processor. I am trying to configure and calibrate the DDR4 memories at the board without u-boot. Following thq QCVS instructions, I have created a new configuration project and, when reaching the DDR window, selected auto-configuration. After running 'Generate Processor Expert Code' I obtain (among others) the 'pbi_commands_1.txt' file. Then, I have copied these commands in binary in my PBL component, at the 'PBI data section'. CodeWarrior detects most of the commands as CCSR writes, and there are also some flush and wait commands. The problem I found is that there is a command (8080000001080f040000000200000002) almost at the end of the file which is not recognized. Can someone tell me if I did something wrong or have I missed some step?

I have attached the txt file generated by CodeWarrior.

Thank you and regards.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The DDR tool does not support generation of PBI data for the LS1046A. Resulting file is not correct and can not be used to set up the DDR controller. If you need to use such a method of DDR initialization, you have to manually rework it.

"8080000001080f040000000200000002" is a command that is not compatible with the LS1046A at all. It is a part of A009803 workaround and is used on different processors like LS1088A.

Main output of 'Generate Processor Expert Code' option is ddr_init.c file that can be used in ATF boot setup.

Regards,

Bulat

AngelMorales
Contributor II

Thank you. I did not expect CodeWarrior to generate invalid output files. 

The problem I have now is that, when trying to run the 'Centering the clock' test of DDRv, it is stuck at the first step (Auto search & detect for write levelingstart values). I did keep it that way and a timeout error occurred after 30 min. I saw that this time is configurable within CodeWarrior. Do you know what might be happening?

0 Kudos