cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpc13xx uart

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by straw_hat on Tue Jan 31 01:37:27 MST 2012
hello,

please anyone help me regarding the UART. how can I extend the maximum character that my UART recieve. Right now I can onlu recive up to 16. thank you very much in advance
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tbelo on Sun Apr 14 11:45:10 MST 2013
Hi,
Did you find a solution in your problem?
I send an AT command which has a long reply and I cannot read whole of it.

Regards
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gbm on Tue Jan 31 06:36:24 MST 2012
I am afraid we cannot help you. We can only help the people who want to learn something and show some effort to widen their horizons.

Simply receive the data from UART continuously, while sending another data. You may find plenty of examples everywhere. If for some reason you cannot process the data, just store it in a FIFO implemented in software as circular buffer, and process it later.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by straw_hat on Tue Jan 31 05:25:46 MST 2012
yes sir, I am using the FIFO but I always get an overflow. So can you help me implement this one?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ArneB on Tue Jan 31 05:12:31 MST 2012
Just use a FIFO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFO

The UART RX ISR feeds the FIFO, you main application pulls out the data.That is really simple. Just google for FIFO and you will find tons of usable source code and suitable implementations.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by straw_hat on Tue Jan 31 04:46:09 MST 2012
Sir, the code I use is the one from nxp. Because I connect the Rx of my UART to bluetooth and when I send AT command through UART it reply for example its setting, etc. But the reply contains more that 16 character and the only character that I was able to read is only the first 16.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Tue Jan 31 04:38:17 MST 2012
Could be useful to start with good old uart sample or you post your code :rolleyes:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by straw_hat on Tue Jan 31 04:09:35 MST 2012
thank you for the reply sir. yeah by software design but can you please help me how? because when I try to read RBR and store its content on a buffer, it can only reads up to 16 character and the rest of it were lost.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gbm on Tue Jan 31 02:28:53 MST 2012
By proper software design? Data processing/buffering technique.
An UART can receive millions of characters. You need to get them from the UART and do something with them when they arrive.
0 Kudos