cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program file does not exist for example program blinky

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by michael710 on Wed Jul 29 04:38:37 MST 2015
I have a brand new LPCExpresso installation (and a board with te LPC11C24), downloaded the zip files with the sources for the LPC11C24 and tried to compile the "blinky" program for a first test.

However, when I try to compile and debug this example, no program files are generated, ERROR:

"Program file does not exist
/home/mblank/LPCXpresso/workspace/nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_periph_blinky/Debug/nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_periph_blinky.axf not found
/home/mblank/LPCXpresso/workspace/nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_periph_blinky/Debug/nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_periph_blinky.axf not found
/home/mblank/LPCXpresso/workspace/nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_periph_blinky/Debug/nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_periph_blinky.axf not found"

Do I need to add or modify the project settings? (I'm running LPCXpresso v7.8.0 [Build 426] [2015-05-28] on Ubuntu 14.04.2)

thanks, michael.
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Jul 30 09:19:18 MST 2015
So, when running from the command line, you are picking up a different toolchain - i.e. you are not using LPCXpresso's tools.

To use LPCXpresso tools, you need to setup your path to include the following paths at the START of your path variable (so they are found first - before any other tools)
(/path/to/lpcxpresso)/lpcxpresso/bin
(/path/to/lpcxpresso)/lpcxpresso/tools/bin

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by michael710 on Thu Jul 30 09:02:24 MST 2015
I do not have an entry related to LPCXpresso in my PATH variable. (I have other arm-development tools on this machine)

Now I installed the SW on a Windows machine - and everything runs just fine from the beginning!

Thanks!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Jul 29 07:06:44 MST 2015
We have thousands of Linux installs and this issue has never been reported, so it must be something in your environment.

Path is automatically updated when you start the build. What else is on your PATH?

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by michael710 on Wed Jul 29 06:25:52 MST 2015
yes, I can find the file in the filesystem. Do I need to add any PATH variable manually?

The installation went fine - without any errors.

How can I debug the root cause of this problem?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Jul 29 05:38:09 MST 2015
redlib.specs is installed with the product into
(install)/lpcxpresso/tools/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3
If it is not there, it implies something wrong with your install.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by michael710 on Wed Jul 29 04:58:14 MST 2015
when I start make from the command line in the nxp...blinky/Debug directory, I get the following error:

nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_freertos_blinky/Debug$ make
Building file: ../example/src/cr_startup_lpc11xx.c
Invoking: MCU C Compiler
arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__REDLIB__ -DDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -D__USE_LPCOPEN -DCORE_M0 -I"/home/mblank/LPCXpresso/workspace/nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_freertos_blinky/example/inc" -I"/home/mblank/LPCXpresso/workspace/nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_freertos_blinky/freertos/inc" -I"/home/mblank/LPCXpresso/workspace/lpc_chip_11cxx_lib/inc" -I"/home/mblank/LPCXpresso/workspace/nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_board_lib/inc" -Os -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mcpu=cortex-m0 -mthumb -D__REDLIB__ -specs=redlib.specs -MMD -MP -MF"example/src/cr_startup_lpc11xx.d" -MT"example/src/cr_startup_lpc11xx.d" -o "example/src/cr_startup_lpc11xx.o" "../example/src/cr_startup_lpc11xx.c"
arm-none-eabi-gcc: error: redlib.specs: No such file or directory
make: *** [example/src/cr_startup_lpc11xx.o] Fehler 1

?
0 Kudos