Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MiFare Cards With 7 byte UID

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tanmay on Sun Jan 20 22:39:08 MST 2013
Friends,
    I am dealing with PN531 IC for NFC interfaced with lpc1769.
at this condition all operation for MiFARE card(4 byte UID) can be performed successfully.
now I have Mifare Classic 1K card with 7 BYTE UID. Right now I am able to read UID from the Card. BUT can't authenticate to it which in turn dont let me read or write to memory blocks of card.
    HOW CAN I GET AUTHENTICATED WITH THOSE CARDS????????

plz help
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tanmay on Mon Feb 04 21:53:16 MST 2013

Quote: stalisman
If 'FFFFFFFFFFFF' doesn't work try 'A0A1A2A3A4A5'  OR  'B0B1B2B3B4B5'.

THANK YOU...........
But,
I knew keys. its A0A1A2A3A4A5 but still it cant get authenticate???

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by meltunali on Fri May 17 02:08:42 MST 2013
to authenticate in 7-byte Mifare standart cards, use the UID[3]-UID[4]-UID[5]-UID[6] part of UID, instead of UID[0]-UID[1]-UID[2]-UID[3], while authentication procedure. (AN10927- MIFARE and handling of UIDs pg.13)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sarangkalbande on Wed Apr 24 21:34:47 MST 2013
Hi,
Old mifare type cards comes with 4 byte UID but NXP has discontinued the same as the range is not unique now and new type cards comes with 7 byte UID.and yes old firmwares are designed with read only 4 byte UID so you need to change the firmware which will apply cascading algo...it is available on nxp website about how to read 7 byte UID
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by stalisman on Tue Feb 05 01:14:23 MST 2013
hi Tanmay,

there is a project at http://www.silica.com/product/silica-tusa-board.html that can be imported into the LPXpresso IDE.    It is all about utilising a CLRC663 chip and exemplifies some of what you have to do to communicate with different mifare cards.  I have tried the tusa boards with both mbed and Xpresso, it's quite neat. 

Look at sections commented cascade -1 and cascade 2.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by stalisman on Mon Jan 21 01:44:39 MST 2013
You can read the UID so 4 or 7 bytes isn't your problem.  When you log on to a sector you need to specify the correct key  (obvious I know) and  on  new cards this depends on the manufacturer.  If 'FFFFFFFFFFFF' doesn't work try 'A0A1A2A3A4A5'  OR  'B0B1B2B3B4B5'.  If it fails then 'select' the card again and retry.  If the keys are unknown then you are scuppered.
0 Kudos