LPC4337: 15: Target error from Commit Flash write (but flash programmer works!)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4337: 15: Target error from Commit Flash write (but flash programmer works!)

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by monnoliv on Tue May 03 03:02:58 MST 2016
Hello,

I'm developing since a few months on the LPC4337 (Win7, LPCX v8.1.4, LPC-LINK2).

I'm facing a new debug problem that I can't understand.

I use internal FLASH as program flash, not a QSPI.

When I try to upload and debug the firmware (@ address 1A000000), I have the following error during the download (it seems that a part of the firmware is well downloaded) :

15: Target error from Commit Flash write
  System rejected access at location 0x10084FE0 - verify Population of memory and peripherals

First I never ask to upload the firmware at this memory location, second the strange things is when I use the flash programmer, everything works fine (but it's not a long term option for me, I want to debug!).
The firmware is about 190kB.

What I've tried so far:
- Vector catch (false/true)
- Restart LPCXPresso
- Delete Debug config
- Erase flash before debugging
- reboot computer

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by monnoliv on Tue May 03 03:49:34 MST 2016
Ow man, that was indeed the problem. I removed some (new) other USB powered hardware from my desktop PC and it works!
WTF, a desktop PC that can't supply enough power to USB ports! Perhaps it's the other peripherals (Peak CAN adapter and Peak key ?).

Anyway, thanks a lot
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vtw.433e on Tue May 03 03:31:45 MST 2016
Check your power. This sort of error is normally caused when the power drops as you program the flash (which takes a LOT).
0 Kudos