Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC-Link2 suddently stopped working

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rnunes on Fri May 22 07:15:49 MST 2015
When I connect my LPC-Link2 to my PC I see a "LPC USB based device" in the device manager and when I run listusb.cmd (lpcxpreso\bin\Scripts\listusb.cmd) and I see what we are supposed to see:

Quote:
VID: 1FC9 PID: 000C (LPC based USB device)

So far so good, but when I try to start a debug session the device it's not recognized and the same USB device appears as a HID-compliant vendor defined device" in device manager, in disabled state (code 22). This is the RedlinkServer output taken from LPCXpresso:

Quote:
[Started server]
[Connected on port 3025]
redlink>
redlink>
redlink>
redlink>
redlink>
redlink>ProbeList
No probes found
redlink>
redlink>
redlink>ProbeList
No probes found
redlink>
redlink>ProbeStatus
redlink>exit
[Closed]

I already uninstall the driver, tried to do the same thing without the LPC-Link2 connected to the board and tried to use the "Boot debug probe" feature, but nothing works.

I'm working in Windows 8.1, LPCXpresso 7.5.0 with two LPC-Link connected: one LPC-Link2 (the one that is not working) to debug a custom LPC4337 board and a LPC11u14 board (Rev A) with the LPC-Link that comes with it, which I tried in the LPC4337 board and works great.

I have this setup fully working since February, do you have any idea on what can be done? Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rnunes on Mon May 25 06:54:37 MST 2015
I've solved it by installing LPCXpresso v. 7.7.2 and consequently the new LPC Link and LPC-Link2 drivers.

I don't undertsand why that release note exists, I'm able to debug with both probes simultaneously.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Fri May 22 07:32:13 MST 2015
First of all, go through - http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/booting-lpc-link2 - in particularly the troubleshooting section.

Also, note the following from the release notes - the ReadMeLPCXpresso.txt file in your install directory

Quote:
[list]
  [*]On Windows 8 and 8.1, if both an LPC-Link1 and a debug probe that uses the 'Redlink' driver are connected (such as LPC-Link2 or a CMSIS-DAP probe such as LPC800-MAX), then booting of either probe will fail and appear to hang. To workaround this issue, connect only one debug probe.
[/list]

You say that your booted probe only appears as a HID device. Please ensure that you really have removed the drivers for this. This FAQ may help here (though you will need to tweak as this is focussed on issues with CMSIS-DAP firmware rather than Redlink):

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/lpc-link2-failing-enumerate-cmsis-dap-firmware

And then if you are still having problems, in the first place please send us the output from the usbdiags.cmd (in the lpcxpresso\bin\scripts directory) from both before and after booting your probe.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos