Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new project in LPCXPresso IDE

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by beetz on Wed Apr 25 23:54:17 MST 2012
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I'd like to create a new project for the LPCXpresso 1769 in LPCXpresso IDE but I don't know how to do it.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I’am using the following LPCXpresso Version: LPCXpresso v4.2.2 [Build 275] [03/04/2012][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/FONT]      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]In a new workspace I have loaded the CMSIS header files for the LPC1769: CMSISv2p00_LPC17xx .[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/FONT]      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Then I wanted to create a new project. I found 2 different documents which show how it works.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/FONT]      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]First document:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/FONT]   [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]LPCXpresso Introduction Part 2 Training Video[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/FONT]   [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]This video starts creating a new project under Quickstart ->Project and File wizards [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]->[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3] MCU project wizards. There one can see a list of NXP LPCxxxx project templates.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/FONT]      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]But my installation of LPCXpresso IDE only has 2 entries under Project and File wizards:
Create New C Source File and Create New C Header file.
Though I could not go this way.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/FONT]      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Second document:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/FONT]   [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]“lpcxpresso.getting.started.pdf” Here I can read (under 6.6.2 Create the Skeleton project): [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/FONT]   [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Click on ‘New project…” and select the NXP C project type for your architecture. But this is not possible. I get the error message “No wizard selected. Choose a wizard for your MCU”[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/FONT]      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][FONT=&quot]Could somebody tell me how to create a new project for the 1769?[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/FONT]      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][FONT=&quot]Thank you[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
0 Kudos
9 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by researchinnovation on Thu Apr 26 22:34:31 MST 2012
@Beetz.....Congrats....!!!:)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by beetz on Thu Apr 26 07:42:31 MST 2012
Hi,
after redownloading and reinstallation of LPCXpresso IDE I'am now able to create a new project.
Thanks for helping
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vinod on Thu Apr 26 04:32:42 MST 2012
sir while doing debug & run I am getting the error like
failedon connect Ee(07) bad ack return from status-wire error

Quote: beetz
Hi,
now I don't understand anything.
Why doesn't it work how it's described in the "getting-started-pdf" or in the tutorial video?
Where do I have to write my code?
Don't you have a description of the LPC IDE which I can follow for the first steps?

Thank you

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vinod on Thu Apr 26 04:31:36 MST 2012
Hello

sir while doing debug & run I am getting the error like
failedon connect Ee(07) bad ack return from status-wire error
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Thu Apr 26 03:08:19 MST 2012

Quote: beetz
...Quickstart ->Project and File wizards -> MCU project wizards. There one can see a list of NXP LPCxxxx project templates.

But my installation of LPCXpresso IDE only has 2 entries under Project and File wizards:
Create New C Source File and Create New C Header file.

If you don't see a wizard with all supported NXP devices after selecting:

Quickstart Panel->New Project

your Installation isn't working.

Don't know which OS you are running, but updating OS and Java and un-/reinstalling LPCXpresso could help.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by beetz on Thu Apr 26 02:24:21 MST 2012
Hi,
now I don't understand anything.
Why doesn't it work how it's described in the "getting-started-pdf" or in the tutorial video?
Where do I have to write my code?
Don't you have a description of the LPC IDE which I can follow for the first steps?

Thank you
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by researchinnovation on Thu Apr 26 02:11:14 MST 2012
@Beetz....

Ok.. Write your code and then You can click to "Project" and then "Properties" and then "C/C++Build" and "MCU" setting.

Try this..!!

Thanks & Regards....:)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by beetz on Thu Apr 26 02:05:02 MST 2012
Hi,
thank you for your quick answer. CMSIS folder is imported. I also get the pop up window "New project". But in that window I can't select anything. On top of that window is the error message "No wizard selected".

Therefor my question: what do I have to do to be able to select a MCU?

Thanks and regards
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by researchinnovation on Thu Apr 26 00:31:58 MST 2012
@Beetz:- Hi... Welcome in the forum.
You can start with opening the LPC IDE's workbench, at the left bottom side of the window you will find new project click on that then another window will Pop up for the MCU selection , just select the device and then you need to select c project or C static library or c semihosting. Semihosting is used for printf(), puts(), gats() etc function. And then give the project name and write your application.
But before doing so you should import the CMSIS folder in your work bench.

Hope this helps you...!!!

Thanks and Regards....:)
0 Kudos