cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how: simple way for code protection (read out firmware) LPC55S16

Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III

Hi there

i just implemented a baremetal firmware on named Controller.

now i want to protect my firmware from being read out. How should i realize this?

In other controllers all i had to do was, setting a code protection bit. here it seems more complex and i did not find any concrete example.

best

Ralf

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III

Alice,

can you please provide an example?

BR

Ralf

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ralf,

Sorry there isn't example.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

I understand there is no example available right now. However, could you create one as you are the manufacturer of the LPC55S16? It would be very helpful.

BR

Ralf

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ralf,

Yes, lpc55xx family differs from other controllers, there isn't simple way to protect code to read out.

For this chip, you can use life cycle states, while it is more complex , you can refer to thread:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers/Does-LPCXpresso55S69-have-a-flash-readout-protecti...  

And User Manual of lpc55s16.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III

Hey Alice_Yang,

many thanks for your response. unfortunately I do not really understand how it should work.

may i ask you, if you could provide me an detailed example? I just want to protect my code and algorithms from being read. like on ohne Microcontrollers, where they had fuse bits or something else, which didnt allow customers to read out firmware and replicate through disassembling.

As a manufacturer, is it possible to remove the read protection once it has been set, or is it irreversible once it has been set?

BR

Ralf

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ralf_Rademacher,

I know your meaning, while there isn't the simple way with this chip like you said"like on ohne Microcontrollers, where they had fuse bits or something else, which didnt allow customers to read out firmware and replicate through disassembling.". 

BR

Alice

0 Kudos