USB HID loss of data

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB HID loss of data

adb
Contributor I

Hello, I'm trying to send 16MB of data in 512 byte packets using USB0 HID. My program is based around the HID_generic example. The LPC4353 enumerates OK and I am able to successfully send 20 * 512 bytes of data to my computer but whenever I try to send larger quantities of data, up to 40% of my data gets lost.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Alan

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
the opportunity to serve you.
I was wondering if you can introduce the steps of replicating this phenomenon, as it can help me to work it out.
I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

adb
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your email. My problem appears to be with my pc sub test program. I was able to get a c# program from Jan Axelson's website and was able to transfer all the expected data fron my microcontroller.

Regards,

Alan

Sent from my Xperia™ smartphone

0 Kudos

adb
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

I do have another question. In my program's current form, I have got a 1 ms delay between sending each 512 byte packet. With my C# program mentioned above, I'm able to receive all my data. However if this 1 ms delay is removed, I don't.

In hid_desc.c my bInterval variable has been set to 1ms. I thought the USB stack wouldn't allow data to go out until it was ready.

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Regards,

Alan

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi adb,

I've updated my reply of Case: 00164160, please checking it.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos